No sound on right side earphones

John204
Go to solution Solved by John204,

Uninstalling intel display audio fixed it. Windows went and installed "high definition audio device" instead.

Hello,

Recently the right side of my earphones on my dell laptop stopped outputting sound, this applies when I change out my earphones with another pair although they work on a different pc and Iphone. The earphones I'm testing is 3.5mm input and not USB. The only way to get them to work is by maxing out the volume on the right side, in which it would suddenly start playing sound and then I would lower it back. However, this issue recurs daily rather than after every restart. I've tried reinstalling the drivers (realtek) but to no success. Anyone have any clue what's causing this? As it would be my last resort to factory reset.

Thank you,

John

3 minutes ago, John204 said:

Hello,

Recently the right side of my earphones on my dell laptop stopped outputting sound, this applies when I change out my earphones with another pair although they work on a different pc and Iphone. The earphones I'm testing is 3.5mm input and not USB. The only way to get them to work is by maxing out the volume on the right side, in which it would suddenly start playing sound and then I would lower it back. However, this issue recurs daily rather than after every restart. I've tried reinstalling the drivers (realtek) but to no success. Anyone have any clue what's causing this? As it would be my last resort to factory reset.

Thank you,

John

The port is dying. Get yourself a usb sound card like the one below to extract audio and call it a day. A factory reset won’t help with a hardware issue. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=mp_s_a_1_omk_4?dchild=1&keywords=usb+sound+card&qid=1620259158&sprefix=usb+sou&sr=8-4

Uninstalling intel display audio fixed it. Windows went and installed "high definition audio device" instead.