Can't find a FSP 300-10TAA Psu replacement for Acer TC-895-ua1?

LamoidZombieDog

Can't find a FSP 300-10TAA Psu replacement for Acer TC-895-ua1?

I have searched everywhere, it uses a special plugs it only has a 6 pin and a 4 pin plug. As it has a m.2 and the cd rom power comes off the motherboard. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? Old dells seemed to use the same plugs but the psu is to long to fit in the pc

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Why do you want a new PSU for this PC?

It is a brand new machine isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 11:01 PM, comicsansms said:

Why do you want a new PSU for this PC?

It is a brand new machine isn't it?

I want to buy 5 of them so I have a pile of them just because. No, I have some of these systems and the power supply has gone bad on one, and I need a replacement. Can't seem to find them anywhere. And no, it's not a brand new system.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

I want to buy 5 of them so I have a pile of them just because. No, I have some of these systems and the power supply has gone bad on one, and I need a replacement. Can't seem to find them anywhere. And no, it's not a brand new system.

Get it fixed with warranty. If you cannot do that, talk to the ACER spare parts distributor.

Apparently the machine uses ATX12VO, which is a new power supply standard that is 12V only

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/623782/looking-for-the-motherboard-manual-for-a-tc-895-eb11

You are probably going to struggle finding replacement ATX12VO PSUs - both because it is very new, and also that only larger OEMs will implement it.

You will also struggle to find parts for this PC, because it is also pretty new. A lot of eBay spare parts stores just strip down ewaste and sell it as parts.

18 hours ago, comicsansms said:

Get it fixed with warranty. If you cannot do that, talk to the ACER spare parts distributor.

Apparently the machine uses ATX12VO, which is a new power supply standard that is 12V only

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/623782/looking-for-the-motherboard-manual-for-a-tc-895-eb11

You are probably going to struggle finding replacement ATX12VO PSUs - both because it is very new, and also that only larger OEMs will implement it.

You will also struggle to find parts for this PC, because it is also pretty new. A lot of eBay spare parts stores just strip down ewaste and sell it as parts.

im an Authorized Reseller for ACER, i have direct numbers to them. they will probably want $100 or more for a small psu, which would be a waste of money at that point.  i looked ont he acer forum and i see one guy who said he was going to make a custom adapter for it, thats not something i can do in this case. i dont see how this is a new power supply standard if there was a very old dell model that used it, and i found a psu for that on amazon, but it was to long to fit in the acer case. 

18 hours ago, comicsansms said:

ATX12VO uses a 10pin connector. That uses an 8 pin connector.

Page 30 onwards specifies the required 10 pin connector used in ATX12VO standard. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/single-rail-power-supply-platform-atx12vo-design-guide.pdf

That person on Acer forums doesn't know what they're talking about. Someone corrects them on the 2nd page of that thread and they argue that "the 10pin connector is only for modular PSUs and the extra 2 pins are for higher end systems" (paraphrasing). I also found another post from the same person where they're claiming that another Acer board with a 6 pin motherboard connector is also ATX12VO standard. 🤦‍♂️ That's not how standards work. Just because a power supply only outputs 12V does not mean it's ATX12VO standard. Acer, HP, etc have all been using their own proprietary 12V only PSUs for years. It'll just be whatever proprietary junk Acer had lying around.

Could you jam a 10pin ATX12VO standard power cable in it and it'll work? Maybe, depending on how Acer did the pinout. The PS-ON, PWR-OK, +12V, +12VSB, and ground pins would need to be in the same spots. The 2 pins on the end of the 10pin connector is one of the three +12V pins and an empty pin, so it's possible you could jam a 10 pin connector in to an 8 pin connector sacrificing one of the three +12V wires providing the rest of the pins are in the correct spots. I have no idea what pinout that Acer board is using.

image.png.0c6f74ee91ad4e9ec3439ca9b223ee9a.png

It's not ATX12VO standard if it's using non-standard connectors. The whole point of ATX12VO was to standardise it and get rid of all the mismatched garbage different OEMs were using.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

ATX12VO uses a 10pin connector. That uses an 8 pin connector.

Page 30 onwards specifies the required 10 pin connector used in ATX12VO standard. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/single-rail-power-supply-platform-atx12vo-design-guide.pdf

That person on Acer forums doesn't know what they're talking about. Someone corrects them on the 2nd page of that thread and they argue that "the 10pin connector is only for modular PSUs and the extra 2 pins are for higher end systems" (paraphrasing). I also found another post from the same person where they're claiming that another Acer board with a 6 pin motherboard connector is also ATX12VO standard. 🤦‍♂️ That's not how standards work. Just because a power supply only outputs 12V does not mean it's ATX12VO standard. Acer, HP, etc have all been using their own proprietary 12V only PSUs for years. It'll just be whatever proprietary junk Acer had lying around.

Could you jam a 10pin ATX12VO standard power cable in it and it'll work? Maybe, depending on how Acer did the pinout. The PS-ON, PWR-OK, +12V, +12VSB, and ground pins would need to be in the same spots. The 2 pins on the end of the 10pin connector is one of the three +12V pins and an empty pin, so it's possible you could jam a 10 pin connector in to an 8 pin connector sacrificing one of the three +12V wires providing the rest of the pins are in the correct spots. I have no idea what pinout that Acer board is using.

image.png.0c6f74ee91ad4e9ec3439ca9b223ee9a.png

It's not ATX12VO standard if it's using non-standard connectors. The whole point of ATX12VO was to standardise it and get rid of all the mismatched garbage different OEMs were using.

Thanks, I really should have been more thorough when looking through that thread. Sound like 3AM half asleep me shouldn't be procrastinating on the forums😛

I did noticed they called a very clearly not DTX board, DTX. Yeah, that should have been a red flag.

• 1 year later...