Im making my first pc with a budget of $2000 CAD i was wondering if there was anything that i can do to make it better.

Budget (including currency): $2000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft RTC, schoolwork and VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Im going to be buying everything around may 21st and i prefer to play around 144hz 1080p.

parts list:

Cpu: $440

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Cpu cooler: $82

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm

Motherboard: $240

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite

Ram: $155

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Storage: $125

Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 500GB Internal SSD

Graphics card: $485

GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G

Case: $177

NZXT H510 Elite

Power supply: $115

Corsair RM Series, RM650, 650 Watt

Windows 10: $24

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL

Centon DataStick Pro 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Grey

Monitor: $250

MSI Optix G24C4 24"

Keyboard: $30/$20 (currently $10 off)

HYFAI 3-color Backlight Suspension 104 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for PC Notebook USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Headset: $40

HAVIT H2010D RGB Wired Gaming Headset

how are u getting your 3060?? 

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

looks pretty good to me, few notes:

1. you could go for much cheaper SSD and get the same results, perhaps SN750.

2. AIO is not relevant unless you chose it for the looks. a good air fan like Arctic Freezer 34 DUO or Noctua U12S will be just fine.

3. could go for B450 mobo and save a buck, no difference at all in gaming.

4. don't cheap out on your keyboard and headset come on man. you must get a decent mechanical keyboard and a good headset.

5. get a USB3 flash drive, it really doesn't cost much

Just now, JSPotter said:

how are u getting your 3060?? 

my dad is in new york rn and i have no idea how he got it

8 minutes ago, king blub said:

NZXT H510 Elite

Please dear god no. No airflow. Corsair 4000D Airflow or TD 500 Mesh or Phanteks P360a

8 minutes ago, king blub said:

This is very overkill for almost anyone. Get a 1tb nvme ssd but it doesnt have to be as fast as the mp600

9 minutes ago, king blub said:

What speed? Make sure to get at least 3200 CL16 preferably 3600 cl16

10 minutes ago, king blub said:

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm

This cooler kinda sucks for the price. Scythe Fuma 2

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, king blub said:

Budget (including currency): $2000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft RTC, schoolwork and VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Im going to be buying everything around may 21st and i prefer to play around 144hz 1080p.

parts list:

Cpu: $440

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm

Motherboard: $240

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite

Ram: $155

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Storage: $125

Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 500GB Internal SSD

Graphics card: $485

GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G

NZXT H510 Elite

Power supply: $115

Corsair RM Series, RM650, 650 Watt

Windows 10: $24

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL

Centon DataStick Pro 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Grey

Monitor: $250

MSI Optix G24C4 24"

Keyboard: $30/$20 (currently $10 off)

HYFAI 3-color Backlight Suspension 104 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for PC Notebook USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Headset: $40

HAVIT H2010D RGB Wired Gaming Headset

I'd be very careful with your windows 10 option. I strongly recommend just buying from microsoft. Its more money, but I wouldn't risk going your proposed route, as third party key sites like this have some shady and scammy behavior. URCDKEYS.com isn't the most trustworthy. I recommend just getting it free from microsoft, and eventually activating a license once you save enough to buy it

15 minutes ago, JSPotter said:

I'd be very careful with your windows 10 option. I strongly recommend just buying from microsoft. Its more money, but I wouldn't risk going your proposed route, as third party key sites like this have some shady and scammy behavior. URCDKEYS.com isn't the most trustworthy. I recommend just getting it free from microsoft, and eventually activating a license once you save enough to buy it

the only reason i chose URCDKEYS is because i saw a youtuber called techsourse use it so i assumed it was safe

1 minute ago, king blub said:

the only reason i chose URCDKEYS is because i saw a youtuber called techsourse use it so i assumed it was safe

I mean, at the end of the day if its a scam you're losing, what, 18 bucks? If you're willing to gamble, go ahead i guess. Just know that it either may not work as intended, or may just be a complete scam and will sell your email address so for the next year you will get Free Minecraft With Punjabi and other scam emails.

1 hour ago, JSPotter said:

I mean, at the end of the day if its a scam you're losing, what, 18 bucks? If you're willing to gamble, go ahead i guess. Just know that it either may not work as intended, or may just be a complete scam and will sell your email address so for the next year you will get Free Minecraft With Punjabi and other scam emails.

i decided to do what you said thx for putting my head straight

3 minutes ago, king blub said:

i decided to do what you said thx for putting my head straight

No problem man! I have made much much worse mistakes trying to shave a couple bucks; we are all human.

We all make mistakes in the heat of passion, jimbo

-Hugh Neutron

Edited by JSPotter

20 hours ago, davemc said:

Please dear god no. No airflow. Corsair 4000D Airflow or TD 500 Mesh or Phanteks P360a

This is very overkill for almost anyone. Get a 1tb nvme ssd but it doesnt have to be as fast as the mp600

What speed? Make sure to get at least 3200 CL16 preferably 3600 cl16

This cooler kinda sucks for the price. Scythe Fuma 2

do you think i should get the Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB case instead of of the H510 Elite?

1 hour ago, king blub said:

do you think i should get the Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB case instead of of the H510 Elite?

Personally I'd go 4000D Airflow or 5000D Airflow and some rgb fans

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler