Over 50 Games Using Unity Engine are on the Way to the Wii U

Ethnod

Always been a fan of Nintendo but they dont have a great games strategy tbh, its (well at least I think so) one of the main reasons why their consoles have been outsold by Sony and MS, which is a pity cause some of the games they release are true quality. Maybe this will convince the masses to buy in? I hope so

Source:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03/24/wii-u-unity-games/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

A list would be nice though, is not on that article. My guess is mostly indie games, it's nice for WiiU owners but not sure if it's compelling enough for me to get a WiiU

-------

Current Rig

-------

It sure would be nice if I could actually have a few games for my Wii U...

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Nintendo have been roaming Kickstarter, and giving away WiiU dev kits to projects that interest them.

You also noticed that many kickstarter indie games also have now a WiiU stretch goals, showing that indies are interested in the console

Nintendo strategy is very smart. It knows it will not be able to compete with the other console. But what Microsoft lost with the XBox One is the indie devs.

Nintendo is slowly becoming a console of indie games, and the WiiU gamepad is an excellent device for peeking indies interest and play with it, providing a unique experience. Giving a reason for getting a WiiU over getting the game on the PC. Nintendo already has dropped significantly its requirement AND price of dev kits. A WiiU dev kit is around only 2000-2500$ (probably without direct and or fast support), no need to be an established company, and have an actual office. All you need is a safe in a house, or locked room with alarm in the building/house, and no longer need multiple games experience for consideration.To apply for a Nintendo console dev kit: http://www.warioworld.com/ (horrible website, but actually official)

Now, while all this sounds promising, we can't have have our hopes to up. Nintendo has to carefully play it's cards right, including do something that they have never done since ever, it's promoting games that they are not publishing or making, as well as provide continue support, and properly send the message about indie games on WiiU. Because if that is not done right, then it will just be a bunch of games on the WiiU eShop store, and that is that. So we have to see.

haha and then we gona hear about how most of the games are gona get cancelled and not come to wii u :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

What's a WiiU? Is that a thing? Wii not be getting U this thing.

sysloc

The WiiU's getting...games!?

Didn't take them long at all...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I've always loved Nintendo, and I actually recently picked up a Wii U. I wasn't expecting TOO much, but I ended up being pleasantly Surprised. It's actually a pretty incredible piece of hardware. It's just unfortunate it took a year and a half for any games to start rolling out...