Hou do I get more power than a 3090 can provide?

UltraNerd

O.K., I'm trying to do some, let's just say intense VR gaming, and apparently adding 2 or 3 3090's is a terrible idea. (See, "Is 3 GPU's a good idea?) How do I get more power than a 3090, assuming all my software is working great, and I, don't know, hired Ubisoft's best optimizers for my Beat Sabre. Strctly hardware improvements. 

I mean, you could get quadro RTX 6000 cards together via NVLink? But I doubt that would make a significant enough difference for the price.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

I mean, you could get quadro RTX 6000 cards together via NVLink? But I doubt that would make a significant enough difference for the price.

THat would probably be slower, as those are older gen cards, basically a 2080ti eqv. 

Also you would have the same dual gpu issues as it would be using one gpu in most games, and quadro SLI has some pretty speicific requirements.

If your software doesn't support multi gpu, there really isn't anything you can do to get faster other than a small oc, and waiting for the next gen card.

9 minutes ago, UltraNerd said:

See, "Is 3 GPU's a good idea?

That specific topic you created before was a bad because you said a specific implementation idea that wouldn't work properly. You can have 2x 3090 running in tandem, as long as the game supports it (which is a really small list).

Other than that, you can OC your GPU, or upgrade to a RTX A6000 for a really small perf bump.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, UltraNerd said:

O.K., I'm trying to do some, let's just say intense VR gaming, and apparently adding 2 or 3 3090's is a terrible idea. (See, "Is 3 GPU's a good idea?) How do I get more power than a 3090, assuming all my software is working great, and I, don't know, hired Ubisoft's best optimizers for my Beat Sabre. Strctly hardware improvements. 

You wait for faster video cards to come out.

What VR headset are you planning to use?

On 4/28/2021 at 2:36 PM, dilpickle said:

You wait for faster video cards to come out.

What VR headset are you planning to use?

Look up TylerWoodVRtech channel, "The eye definition headset is already here!" Or something like that. 

That one.

The headset is NOT the focus, the new & improved VR ball is.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, igormp said:

That specific topic you created before was a bad because you said a specific implementation idea that wouldn't work properly. You can have 2x 3090 running in tandem, as long as the game supports it (which is a really small list).

Other than that, you can OC your GPU, or upgrade to a RTX A6000 for a really small perf bump.

O.K., thanks for being so helpfull; no one else told me that. What's an OC, better than google can explane it?

57 minutes ago, UltraNerd said:

What's an OC, better than google can explane it?

Overclock.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
Lenovo N23 Yoga

On 5/1/2021 at 9:10 PM, igormp said:

Overclock.

Right, sorry. I got that a few hours (days) after you said that. The tense threw me off. I sound like a total dummy. 

From other posts I understand why the separate render & frame method wouldn't work, but why wouldn't 3 GPU's work on genaral? Not doubting you, just curious. 

1 hour ago, UltraNerd said:

Right, sorry. I got that a few hours (days) after you said that. The tense threw me off. I sound like a total dummy. 

From other posts I understand why the separate render & frame method wouldn't work, but why wouldn't 3 GPU's work on genaral? Not doubting you, just curious. 

There were 3, and even 4 sli systems before, along with multiple ways to split the load between those  GPUs, you can easily google how it worked.

The point is that it was hard to do properly, caused a lot of headaches, and most developers gave up on it since most people didn't care about it either, so SLI is pretty much dead nowadays.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

On 5/3/2021 at 6:23 PM, igormp said:

There were 3, and even 4 sli systems before, along with multiple ways to split the load between those  GPUs, you can easily google how it worked.

The point is that it was hard to do properly, caused a lot of headaches, and most developers gave up on it since most people didn't care about it either, so SLI is pretty much dead nowadays.

O.K., cool. Thanks!

Gamers Nexus Done a video at launch about 3090 nvlink support and it was very poor

Literally tomb raider, red dead, and quake

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC