Ok, havin a problem with my samsung smart tv

My samsung smart tv keeps showing the mute icon, but it still plays sound. It seems like a corrupt os to me, is there a way to re-install it? I will get the model number once I get home, that is if the remote works. Sometimes the remote only works to turn it on.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Is it displayed on top of the image (like it usually is) or appears it faintly?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 hours ago, Levent said:

Is it displayed on top of the image (like it usually is) or appears it faintly?

it's on top of the image

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Go to the service menu and perform a factory reset

-----------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Smart TV hidden secret menu allows you to do a factory reset and also connect some Bluetooth devices which you were unable to do before. Be careful while fiddling with these options as I cannot take any guarantee if you spoil the TV settings. The Samsung Smart TV I used in the video is Samsung F4500. The secret menu will not open with a smart remote. You may buy or borrow the original normal rectangular Samsung remote to access the secret menu but I am not so sure that will work.

Here are all methods to access the secret menu of different Samsung smart TV:

Method 1
Put the TV on standby and then push in series these buttons on the remote: 'info, menu, mute, power' the TV will then turn itself on and display a menu.

Method 2
Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.

Method 3
With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.

Method 4
With the TV in standby, press the {SLEEP} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.

Method 5
With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.

Method 6
With the TV on standby. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 1, 9, Enter in sequence.

Method 7 for Smart TV RU7100, NU7090 Series 7 (suggested by viewer Caleb Harch)
Turn off tv. Press {Info} {Settings} {Mute} {On}

i'll give it a try! thanks!