[Build Log] Thurst

damov3

Hello Guys,

First post from me here and I thought I'd share my on going build log here with you guys. This is my first water cooling project so I've decided to log it.

Im on a bit of a budget so I'm using my current 2500k and Asrock Extreme4gen3 Mobo.

Specs:

CPU: i5 2500K (currently clocked to 4.6 on air)

MOBO: Asrock Extreme4 Gen3

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ Kingston HyperX Genesis

GPU: Asus "Voltage Unlocked" R9 290

HDD: 2 x 60GB Crucial M4(Raid0) 1 x 2TB WD Black

PSU: ThermalTake ToughpowerXT 650W

CASE: NZXT H440 White

RADS: EK Coolstream PE 240 x 1, EK Coolstream PE 360 x 1

FANS: Corsair SP120 x 5 AP140 x 1

PUMP: EK D5 Vario X-TOP Acetal

RES: Phobya Balancer 150 Black Nickel

CPU: EK Supremacy Acetal

GPU: EK FC R9 290/290X Acetal

BACKPLATE: XSPC Razor R9 290/290X

FITTINGS: Monsoon + others(will not be seen)

Some of the bits,

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Starting work on the case:

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

The Res mounted just need to do some detail work on the Perspex to complete:

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Still awaiting some deliveries for bits and pieces including some Plastidip and yellow Perspex.

Thanks for looking.

This looks very nice, you've intrigued me :D

What Dremel do you have?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Looks cool. Is it spelt "thurst" for a reason or do you mean "thirst"? :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Very very cool. Subbed.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nice case + nice stuff = boring. I want ghetto and vintage builds :P 

Looks promising! Subbed! I love the mod you did to the case already!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Good luck and can't wait for it to be finished!  :D

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

This looks very nice, you've intrigued me :D

What Dremel do you have?

I have a cheap Draper rip of unit that i got work for pocket change! but i does the Job :)

Looks cool. Is it spelt "thurst" for a reason or do you mean "thirst"? :P

Its a play on words first build and a village name ;)

Are you sure about "Budget" thing? :lol:

LOL yeah i know I've tried but it already costing more than i anticipated.

Nice case + nice stuff = boring. I want ghetto and vintage builds :P

Not sure how ghetto this will become :(

Looks promising! Subbed! I love the mod you did to the case already!

Good luck and can't wait for it to be finished!  :D

Just gotta say that I love your profile pic :D and your title!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Most of the bits are here now so can crack on with the build.

Goodies

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Got this in yellow as well :D

IMG_0372.jpg

Starting work on the GPU backplate(need to decide whether to keep this painted or make one out of Acrylic :unsure:

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Also i need some help with the screw colour, as the build is based round white, black, yellow. What colour do guys think?

IMG_0379.jpg

Hopefully more updates later on this week

I think Black screws would look the best! Also great job so far! I like the way you think with the modding!

Edit: Just noticed but don't you think a 280 rad and a 360 would have been slightly better? the H440 can support it. Just a suggestion.

I think Black screws would look the best! Also great job so far! I like the way you think with the modding!

Edit: Just noticed but don't you think a 280 rad and a 360 would have been slightly better? the H440 can support it. Just a suggestion.

I need the room in top half of the drive bay for a drive cage, so a little bit tight for the 280. I could make it fit but want concentrate on other aspects of the build!

I need the room in top half of the drive bay for a drive cage, so a little bit tight for the 280. I could make it fit but want concentrate on other aspects of the build!

Well that makes sense. I'm gonna do a build with the same case as soon as I have to money and I might use some of your ideas for watercooling later on. But I would have gone for the 280 for that little bit of extra space and ghetto rigged a hdd and ssd if I had to :P

"Budget"

Custom water loop

GTX 290

H440

Edit: GTX 290? I should go to bed

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

My build is a LOT more budget than this lol. Good job though, looking nice and...white

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

"Budget"

Custom water loop

GTX 290

H440

Edit: GTX 290? I should go to bed

Half budget then  :lol:

How is that even slightly budget? You undervalue your components too much it seems.

How is that even slightly budget? You undervalue your components too much it seems.

Its budget in the sense that it could of cost a lot more if i didn't reuse my old mobo, processor, ram and power supply. I really hope my interpretation of budget hasn't offended you too much :P

Right guys have made some headway over the last few days, got the top rad in with the mobo which is a mighty tight fit :wacko: and measured up round back for the pump and wot not. Got top rad painted and some detailing on the mobo done.

Top rad painted

IMG_0389.jpg

Fans surrounds painted

IMG_0394.jpg

Mobo detailing

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

All crammed in! rear 140mm fan and rad connections are a small issue at the minute, i need to decide whether to turn the rad round or move to a 120mm :blink:

IMG_0399.jpg

Round the back, trying to gauge pump position.

IMG_0400.jpg

Rear 140mm fan removed.

IMG_0406.jpg

I think I'm going to make something to cover those SSD's as i don't like the label up look :(

Soon be the weekend so I can crack on a get finished as I have no PC now until this is done.

Wow! Such Progress! Much Build! Many Likes!

Awesome job so far man! I really like the yellow and white theme! I think you should try to keep the 140 rear fan and turn the rad around. Also I think you should make yellow and white ssd covers with the build name or somthing. That might look cool! Can't wait for this to be done!

I really like the rad placement. Linus wasn't wrong when he said a kidder would quickly cover that panel with some acrylic. Looking forward to this :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/