[Build Log] Thurst

damov3

Also i need some help with the screw colour, as the build is based round white, black, yellow. What colour do guys think?

I'd probably go for black or yellow. I'd wait to see what the rest of it looks like inside. But overall I cant wait to see the rest its looking interesting so far!

P.S and I wonder what your meaning of overkill is if this is a budget build :P

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Wow! Such Progress! Much Build! Many Likes!

Awesome job so far man! I really like the yellow and white theme! I think you should try to keep the 140 rear fan and turn the rad around. Also I think you should make yellow and white ssd covers with the build name or somthing. That might look cool! Can't wait for this to be done!

Thanks, as for covers for SSD's I have some white and yellow Acrylic here waiting :D

I really like the rad placement. Linus wasn't wrong when he said a kidder would quickly cover that panel with some acrylic. Looking forward to this :)

I like it too and turning maybe be a little difficult because of the hard drive cage I need to use :(

I'd probably go for black or yellow. I'd wait to see what the rest of it looks like inside. But overall I cant wait to see the rest its looking interesting so far!

P.S and I wonder what your meaning of overkill is if this is a budget build :P

Thanks, i'm going to go for black. I specced components to around 1.5k originally and was going to continue with my r9 280x but there was no water block available :mellow:, so the 290 was added after all this started! The intention was for this to cost less than £600, not really budget but everyones standard but budget by the original costs :blink:

Hello Guys,

First post from me here and I thought I'd share my on going build log here with you guys. This is my first water cooling project so I've decided to log it.

Im on a bit of a budget so I'm using my current 2500k and Asrock Extreme4gen3 Mobo.

Specs:

CPU: i5 2500K (currently clocked to 4.6 on air)

MOBO: Asrock Extreme4 Gen3

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ Kingston HyperX Genesis

GPU: Asus "Voltage Unlocked" R9 290

HDD: 2 x 60GB Crucial M4(Raid0) 1 x 2TB WD Black

PSU: ThermalTake ToughpowerXT 650W

CASE: NZXT H440 White

RADS: EK Coolstream PE 240 x 1, EK Coolstream PE 360 x 1

FANS: Corsair SP120 x 5 AP140 x 1

PUMP: EK D5 Vario X-TOP Acetal

RES: Phobya Balancer 150 Black Nickel

CPU: EK Supremacy Acetal

GPU: EK FC R9 290/290X Acetal

BACKPLATE: XSPC Razor R9 290/290X

FITTINGS: Monsoon + others(will not be seen)

Some of the bits,

Starting work on the case:

IMG_0352.jpg

The Res mounted just need to do some detail work on the Perspex to complete:

Still awaiting some deliveries for bits and pieces including some Plastidip and yellow Perspex.

Thanks for looking.

i need some of these disc's. they wear out much too fast :(

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I don't think you can call this a budget build :)

Really nice BTW, I love the res mounted into the plate :D

I don't think you can call this a budget build :)

Really nice BTW, I love the res mounted into the plate :D

Very nice.

Thanks guys,

Managed to get a little more done today so thought i would update.

Got the pump fitted

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

I also made some SSD covers and blanked of the original HDD bay with some more acrylic(its not fixed properly in the photo)

IMG_0412.jpg

I also fitted a 120mm fan in the rear but I'm still thinking its a little close for comfort :unsure:

if you get a sudden rain of cash or something, slap a lightning card in there for more cool yellow things ;D

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

-snip-

Verry nice! The ssd cover are looking great!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Verry nice! The ssd cover are looking great!

Thanks!

Another update, managed to get a lot done today so hopeful this time next week I will be finished :D

CPU water block on

IMG_0418.jpg

Holes cut for tube

IMG_0416.jpg

Round the back, its a bit tight in there but it all fits, need to get another SP120 for the rad.

IMG_0423.jpg

Some the tubing run round the front

IMG_0424.jpg

Bit tight up there but it fits :D

IMG_0425.jpg

On to the GPU, Cooler removed.

IMG_0428.jpg

Back plate and water block on

IMG_0433.jpg

Loop all complete.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Need to get some distilled water so i can get it filled and tested, just waiting on a few bits for the cables.

Thanks

the more you make this look awesome the more i want this case..

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Should pain two of the RAM dimms yellow ;)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the inlet in the center of D5, not on the top, please check.

And that front rad kinking isn't too bad, but try to avoid it.

And for the sake of better look swap top rad hoses ;)  

Otherwise pretty good build.

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the inlet in the center of D5, not on the top, please check.

And that front rad kinking isn't too bad, but try to avoid it.

And for the sake of better look swap top rad hoses ;)  

Otherwise pretty good build.

You are were correct, its now been fixed ;)

You are were correct, its now been fixed ;)

Good, btw do you have any air intake in MB area, it seems like only 3 fans out and front fans are blocked now?

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

Good, btw do you have any air intake in MB area, it seems like only 3 fans out and front fans are blocked now?

Still figuring that one out, need to do some testing with the top off, front off and side off, and see which is the best option! then its a case of function V's aesthetics :lol:

such budget. looks great, keep up the good work.

Thanks!

looks really good so far :)

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

looks really good so far :)

Thank you!

Nice case + nice stuff = boring. I want ghetto and vintage builds :P

You'll love mine then, once I actually get around to stripping it down, cleaning it & upgrading the GPU & monitors, anyway.

My first water cooling loop finished and filled with no leaks :D super pleased and relieved this bit is done (nearly).

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

My first water cooling loop finished and filled with no leaks :D super pleased and relieved this bit is done (nearly).

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Awesome! I had to acces this page via proxy to see the pics cuz school internet. Looking great!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Awesome! I had to acces this page via proxy to see the pics cuz school internet. Looking great!

Thank you!

Yes an excellent build. I'd be very pleased if my first water cooling loop looked anywhere near as good.

That heatsink on the mobo looks somewhat like the top cover off of a Cooler Master V8. Good stuff though, the color scheme is a very nice break from the constant barrage of red/black builds.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299