[Build Log] Thurst

damov3

Yes an excellent build. I'd be very pleased if my first water cooling loop looked anywhere near as good.

That heatsink on the mobo looks somewhat like the top cover off of a Cooler Master V8. Good stuff though, the color scheme is a very nice break from the constant barrage of red/black builds.

looks like mango juice! haha great job 

nice colors!!

Thanks guys :D

I really like this build, very nice custom loop!  :)  :)  :)

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

So I finally got round to making and braiding some cables, got the PCI-e 8 pin and 6 pin done, I've also finished the 24 pin extension, have still got to sort the 8 pin ATX and make some aux bits and pieces.

8 pin

IMG_0455.jpg

6 pin

IMG_0458.jpg

installed

IMG_0461.jpg

24 pin

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Still plenty to do but hopefully I will get to fire it up over the weekend, the case top is currently in the workshop for some AIR improvements, so a little way off completion.

Finally managed to get my cables sorted and fire this thing up today, which went so so :(  Motherboard would not recognise my original Raid0 array so can't boot into windows until i've reinstalled(thats a pain in the arse when the only other Computers i own are Mac's).

Still need to sort my lighting out and finish the top case mod then I'm done:D

IMG_0474.jpg

Hopefully have pics of her up and running tomorrow.

Thanks

IMG_0442.jpg

Awesome paper towels!

The PC is stunning as well :D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

That sleeving is awesome!

Soo clean. :-)

Note that I'm not responsible for eye damage due to poor grammar and spelling. 

Wow that sleeving is amazing. Do it yourself? If so damn good job. Did you do a heatshrinkless sleeve? Great looking build mate

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Awesome paper towels!

The PC is stunning as well :D

I will let the missus know her paper towel choice is good :lol:

Thanks!

That sleeving is awesome!

Soo clean. :-)

Thanks.

Wow that sleeving is amazing. Do it yourself? If so damn good job. Did you do a heatshrinkless sleeve? Great looking build mate

Yes mate, the sleeving is heatshrinkless and my finger tips are paying for it :D Thanks! 

She lives!

IMG_0477.jpg

Right I've had this up and running for the evening and have completed some temp testing without any mods to the outside of the case.

Tested the GPU originally in my old case(which was the define R3) CPU was overclocked to 4.6 on air and would climb to around 76c under load. The GPU hit 94c on star swarm.

All the below were tested running star swarm.

With case completely closed running stock CPU & GPU:

CPU max = 52c, GPU max = 49c

With case completely closed running 4.6 on CPU & stock GPU:

CPU max = 56c, GPU max = 51c

With case top off running stock CPU & GPU:

CPU max = 54c, GPU max = 50c

With case top off running 4.6 on CPU & stock GPU:

CPU max = 55c, GPU max = 50c

Need to try this in some real world gaming and benching tests but I'm trying to decide whether or not to go ahead with the case top mod or not :unsure:  as right now i don't think it needs it, but when I move to dual GPU setup i may have to.

AWESOME! 94c to 51c on the gpu, what a big improvement. I'd love to hear back some of those real world bench tests. 

But im glad to see it up and running beautifully. 

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Beautiful :D

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility