Gaming plus or Arous pro v2

Hi

I'm building a computer in the near future and I generally know what parts to take, but I'm not sure about the motherboard.
I was thinking about msi b550 gaming plus(178$) but I heard that b550 arous pro v2(202$) is a very good motherboard. There are some features that I like, for example, the additional USB ports and the beter audio. The 2.5Gb is not ther importent for me.

I don't know which one to buy. It is what the extra price?

Cpu: R5 5600x

Ram: 2x8 3600mhz

If you have a beter alternative, let me know

Sorry for any grammatical mistake I’m not a native English speaker

You also get a third pci-e x16 slot (electrically x4 or x2, didn't check), which may be useful for a hdmi capture card or something you can't fit in a pci-e x1 slot.

You get alc1220 sound vs the ancient alc892 and in theory better memory overclocking (up to 5200 mhz vs only 4400 mhz on msi model) 

You didn't say the price, so not sure how much extra the gigabyte board is... so can't say if it's worth or not.

Personally, I like the Gigabyte board more.

I've had the Aorus Pro V1 and it was quite a bad experience, which is why i'll try to stay away from Gigabyte boards in the future.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Avanta8 said:

How much is each, and do you need wifi?

Gaming puls:178$
Pro v2: 202$
I don’t need wifi 

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You also get a third pci-e x16 slot (electrically x4 or x2, didn't check), which may be useful for a hdmi capture card or something you can't fit in a pci-e x1 slot.

You get alc1220 sound vs the ancient alc892 and in theory better memory overclocking (up to 5200 mhz vs only 4400 mhz on msi model) 

You didn't say the price, so not sure how much extra the gigabyte board is... so can't say if it's worth or not.

Personally, I like the Gigabyte board more.

The Arous pro is 24$ more expensive

2 minutes ago, Avanta8 said:

Where do you live? How much is a MSI B550 Tomahawk?

In Eastern Europe (more precisely Romania) and the Tomahawk is 220$

A 5600x doesn't consume a lot of power, so you don't need super fancy motherboards with powerful vrm and all that. 

Another solid option would be MSI B550M Mortar at around 188$, here's a link to a Romanian store I use, PC Garage : https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/msi/mag-b550m-mortar/

You lose a few usb ports and a pci-e slot (because it's mATX) and a heatsink on the m.2 connector, but it's solid vrm, good features otherwise. 

There's also Asus TUF GAMING B550-Plus worth thinking about, at 785 RON (~192$)  https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/asus/tuf-gaming-b550-plus/

ugly board (visually), but otherwise decent io shield (usb connectors, video outputs, solid vrm.. ok sound (alc1200, better than alc892), good intel gigabit network card,  ok layout for pci-e slots and has a 3rd m.2 connector (key e only, for wireless cards) so you could install a cheap m.2 wireless card and not use your pci-e x1 slots... 

doesn't have usb 10g front panel header but if you don't plan on having such case, maybe it's worth saving some money.

I was thinking of suggesting Aorus Elite V2 because it's cheap at around 450 ron (~110$) but no, I feel like a bit too many downsides .. old ALC892 audio, DVI connector instead of displayport so you're stuck with only one 4K capable video output should you ever want to use a cpu with integrated graphics, no usb 10g front panel header ... otherwise it would have no problems powering the 5600x and video cards.