A game that seems to be well liked but you just can't get into it.

Doug_Dangger

For me it's Sunset Overdrive.

My coworkers rave about it.  Online reviews put it on a pedestal.

I played about 1 hour into it and I just can't get myself to like it.  The graphics are nothing special.  The gameplay is just meh.  It just isn't hooking me.

Bravely Default II.

It's the "sequel" to Bravely Default (one of my favorite games ever, I say "sequel" because there was Bravely Second), I like the look and music of the game, but I can't get into the game for one reason:

They screwed up the battle system.

In the original game, it worked based on RNG. As you walked, there would be a chance that you'd encounter an enemy. You also occasionally got a random buff or debuff ("You are feeling brave!", "The enemy is feeling brave!", either giving your party or the enemy party 1 BP). You could change the chances that you'd encounter an enemy. -100% (no chance), -50% (half chance), 0% (regular chance), 50% (1.5x chance), 100% (2x chance). In battles, it was turn-based and party-based combat. You would decide what each person would do, hit "Go!", and then your party members would act, ordering themselves based on their Speed. This would repeat for the enemy.

In the new game, you can avoid every enemy, but it's harder - there's no "-100% chance" setting anymore. Also, the allies and enemies are grouped into one "party", there's no "Go!" button, and everyone acts based on their Speed no matter their size. It basically takes all the tactics I learned from playing the first two games and yeets them out the window.

I'm sure that the story is amazing.

But it's that one little difference that makes or breaks it for me.

elephants

I loved TorchLight. Couldn't get into the 2nd one.

Never could do WoW or EverQuest, not for lack of trying.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Bioshock. I tried three times.

Big nope was the hacking or the photographs.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

for me its the entire halo franchise. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Divinity original sin 2. I honestly haven't given it a proper chance, but I didn't really feel it after playing for 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Wano1997 said:

Divinity original sin 2. I honestly haven't given it a proper chance, but I didn't really feel it after playing for 2 hours.

It's better with friends, but it's a long goddamn game so good luck finding a group that'll stick with you to the end. We started with 4, one guy dropped almost immediately, then another dropped almost at the end pretty spontaneously.

#Muricaparrotgang

Witcher 3
Valorant
Apex Legends
Overwatch (Though I used to enjoy it)
Breath of the Wild (don't shoot me)
Gears 4 (though MP is really good) - Can't comment on older games as it's been too long. 

The Surge - both of them, but in particular the first game. 

I really wanted to like it, and I did at first.

But, the unforgiving checkpoint system verges on sadism, and I gave up in frustration. 

Similar to how I felt playing Nioh. 

I know there is a kind of pattern there, as they are a certain kind of game - so maybe that's the answer. 

Oh boy, oh boy... where do i start:

Assassin's Creed series, The Witcher, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption - all of them have one thing i common with my movie preferences - i just don't like action that's placed so far back in the past. If it is before WWII i just don't even like hearing about it. Weirdly i really enjoyed the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver series way WAAAY back in the early 2000s.

Anything from the CoD franchise after the original Modern Warfare - brainless moneygrabs.

Anything from the Battlefield franchise after Bad Company - Same as above.

CS:GO - still prefer the 1.6 dynamics and for DM usual go on Quake II servers for some fast paced action

Minecraft - still can't compute the fact it somehow became a thing.

WoW - too childish, cartoonish and ugly compared to the OG of MMORPGs - Lineage 2.

GTA V - well it basically didn't bring anything new to the table. It actually felt right from the beginning like a mod or expansion for any of the previous GTA games. Saints Row IV, which came out the same year, actually turned out a lot more interesting both storywise and mechanics. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |