HELP I DROPPED A PIECE OF PLASTIC IN MY LOOP

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
11 minutes ago, Scoobah said:

As the title states, I dropped the plastic tip to my squeeze bottle while filling my custom loop up and now it’s stuck inside, what do I even do??? The pump/reservoir in question is the Corsair XD3 rgb, I have 2 280mm rads, soft tubing, Corsair cpu block, ekwb, I’m still doing my leak tests but I have no idea how to get that plastic piece out but so far it’s not stopping the water from flowing. PLZ HELP

You'll have to drain, dissasemble and get it out. Otherwise leave it, its so big that it probably won't move from where it is, its not going to impact performance

As the title states, I dropped the plastic tip to my squeeze bottle while filling my custom loop up and now it’s stuck inside, what do I even do??? The pump/reservoir in question is the Corsair XD3 rgb, I have 2 280mm rads, soft tubing, Corsair cpu block, ekwb, I’m still doing my leak tests but I have no idea how to get that plastic piece out but so far it’s not stopping the water from flowing. PLZ HELP

image.jpg

11 minutes ago, Scoobah said:

You'll have to drain, dissasemble and get it out. Otherwise leave it, its so big that it probably won't move from where it is, its not going to impact performance

You can probably get it back out without disassembling your res. But you'd have to drain the loop and take the res outof your case . Maybe then you can shake the plastic piece out.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I have no idea how to disassemble the res beyond taking the tubes and fitting off so I think I’ll leave it for now even tho it’s an eyesore, thank you for the input tho

7 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You can probably get it back out without disassembling your res. But you'd have to drain the loop and take the res outof your case . Maybe then you can shake the plastic piece out.

Yea, thanks I think I’m gonna leave it in for now since it doesn’t move because of how big it is, but I’ll keep an eye on temps and pump performance and when I drain my loop for new coolant I’ll take it out