ASUS B550 Tuf Boot issuue

bjaurelio

I finally received all components for the system build after getting lucky with a Tuf 6700XT in the Newegg shuffle and having previously obtained a 5600X. I grabbed a Phanteks P400A case, 650W PSU, 3600 2x8 GSkill Ripjaw Ram kit, 1Tb Sabrent Rocket 4.0 Nvme, and B550 Tuf MB to keep the theme with the graphics card. After installing all components, I have power, but the motherboard keeps cycling through all the diagnostic lights except "Boot." First the RAM light goes on. Then it goes off when the CPU light goes on. Next the CPU light goes off when the VGA light goes on. Finally, the VGA light goes off, and the fans flicker for the RAM light to go back on and start the process over.

I have tried the Bios reset button, jumping the CLRTC headers,  and swapping for the PSU in my personal rig. Nothing works. RMA/return the motherboard or try something else?

Have you updated the BIOS to support the 5600X? afaik that board should allow it without needing a different CPU.

I have not updated the BIOS because it restarts the boot process before posting. The B550 motherboards do not need a BIOS update. If it did, I believe it would stop on the CPU light.

Out of an abundance of caution, I just tried my 3700x, and it's the same behavior