Are Forums still a thing in 2021??

ratiw

Isnt Reddit, one of the biggest websites right now, essentially a forum?

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

reddit essentially could be considered a forum but at the same time its format and designs makes it not-a-forum or just a very bad forum, it's pointless letting old posts or posts that have not been upvoted disappear or make them completely unreachable if not through an advanced search, even if you go back with the pages or keep scrolling down in the subreddit you visit it won't let you see everything that was ever posted. Just negative.

Traditional forums are good and irreplaceable because they keep all content at disposal without discriminating and without time limits.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:11 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Actually I'm in a couple of discords that are mainly for information,  they have like "stickies" you can look things up, download spread sheets etc and also ask immediately if you need more info  (RPCS3 discord for example)

It's all a matter of maintaining and presentation...  former depends on the people responsible for the server,  latter is a discord thing and rather sub optimal in my opinion and can easily lead to the impression things get lost in the 'void and often they are,  but that again depends on the people. 

But mostly discord is just like a massive meme generator ngl

I agree - How a server is setup in Discord makes a diference in if and how info posted is available and whether it's easy to find or not.
I have my own Discord server and it's setup so I can retain whats relevant but at the same time, Discord itself has some limitations that makes even that a bit difficult vs the basic, inherent layout of a forum. Even mine doesn't have it as convenient to find stuff thats been posted before and in comparision a forum is just better overall.

Your last statement is probrably about as accurate as it gets though - No way I can disagree with that. 😁

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.