Help me upgrade my pc

Qwailman

Updated parts list included

Budget (including currency): ideally I’d like to stay under 1000 usd if I can

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly gaming at some point I’ll move to also doing cyber security I  play a lot of Fortnite, Diablo 2 (remastered when it arrives), minecraft, Warzone , Cold War, and a handful of other smaller games.

Other details my current pc is as follows 

Cpu: amd Fx 6300 Mobo: Asrock 970a Gpu: GeForce 1050ti Ram: Gskill ddr3 8gb

memory: HD’s Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm sata 6    And a seagate 1tb hdd sata 3 Psu: thermaltake smart 550w 80+gold

Case: sky tech archangel white 

I would like to stick with an amd cpu but I’m not dead set on it I mostly like amd for the smooth upgrade path as far as I’ve seen.

I really would like to keep my upgrade path as open as possible so that way in the future I can just upgrade a part or two instead of doing a whole new overhaul like this time. I would like to give all unrecycled parts to my buddy so he can have a better pc as well since his is trash. I’m looking to build as soon as possible. I hate my white case and am looking to move to something black or grey. I’m not specifically looking for rgb but o wouldn’t mind some green lighting in it if possible. I’m running a Asus 1080 p 60hz monitor and it works great for me. I would like to upgrade my mouse and keyboard for better game play in the future but I have ones that work fine for now so not essential in my upgrade at this time.

this is my current idea for parts let me know if there’s anything better or maybe some way to save some money and get a new gpu or should I just wait on a gpu when the market comes down

Thanks in advance for any help and advise it’s much appreciated

Keep it for now and upgrade later. You really are not getting a good pc for 1000$ if you build. You can get a ok prebuilt but still not great value for money.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Keep it for now and upgrade later. You really are not getting a good pc for 1000$ if you build. You can get a ok prebuilt but still not great value for money.

Would my now added parts list with recycling my gpu and psu be a noticeable diffrence?

21 minutes ago, Qwailman said:

Budget (including currency): ideally I’d like to stay under 1000 usd if I can

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly gaming at some point I’ll move to also doing cyber security I  play a lot of Fortnite, Diablo 2 (remastered when it arrives), minecraft, Warzone , Cold War, and a handful of other smaller games.

Other details my current pc is as follows 

Cpu: amd Fx 6300 Mobo: Asrock 970a Gpu: GeForce 1050ti Ram: Gskill ddr3 8gb

memory: HD’s Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm sata 6    And a seagate 1tb hdd sata 3 Psu: thermaltake smart 550w 80+gold

Case: sky tech archangel white 

I would like to stick with an amd cpu but I’m not dead set on it I mostly like amd for the smooth upgrade path as far as I’ve seen.

I really would like to keep my upgrade path as open as possible so that way in the future I can just upgrade a part or two instead of doing a whole new overhaul like this time. I would like to give all unrecycled parts to my buddy so he can have a better pc as well since his is trash. I’m looking to build as soon as possible. I hate my white case and am looking to move to something black or grey. I’m not specifically looking for rgb but o wouldn’t mind some green lighting in it if possible. I’m running a Asus 1080 p 60hz monitor and it works great for me. I would like to upgrade my mouse and keyboard for better game play in the future but I have ones that work fine for now so not essential in my upgrade at this time.

this is my current idea for parts let me know if there’s anything better or maybe some way to save some money and get a new gpu or should I just wait on a gpu when the market comes down

Get an intel 11400f or 11600k and a b560

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Why ddr4-4000 RAM? The infinity fabric clock will make it almost impossible to get those speeds anyway. Gett a 3600 speed kt. With the money you save, you can get a 5600x, which is a much better CPU.

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

22 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

The SSD you chose is SATA, try going for the m.2 SN550 or another budget NVME SSD.

Duely noted

20 minutes ago, thepoorgamer said:

Why ddr4-4000 RAM? The infinity fabric clock will make it almost impossible to get those speeds anyway. Gett a 3600 speed kt. With the money you save, you can get a 5600x, which is a much better CPU.

Didn’t know that. Switching that now

On pc part picker I found a 5800x would that be even better?

14 minutes ago, Qwailman said:

Didn’t know that. Switching that now

On pc part picker I found a 5800x would that be even better?

Yes, the Ryzen 7 5800X is even better, but also more expensive and you don't need that for just gaming. Unless you maybe want to play at 2K high refresh rate or 4K maybe and get a high end gpu with that. For your monitor at least a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 5 5600X is just fine.

Also, do you really want to spend a lot on that fancy G.Skill Trident Z Royal ram? It's at least a $50 price premium just because of the special look. Better get G.Skill Trident Z, G.Skill Trident Z Neo or Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro at 3200 or 3600mhz speed.

14 minutes ago, FRD said:

Yes, the Ryzen 7 5800X is even better, but also more expensive and you don't need that for just gaming. Unless you maybe want to play at 2K high refresh rate or 4K maybe and get a high end gpu with that. For your monitor at least a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 5 5600X is just fine.

Also, do you really want to spend a lot on that fancy G.Skill Trident Z Royal ram? It's at least a $50 price premium just because of the special look. Better get G.Skill Trident Z, G.Skill Trident Z Neo or Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro at 3200 or 3600mhz speed.

I updated the ram currently looking for a 5600x now