Just wanted to say hi everyone!

Pink_Is_Win

I finally mustered up the courage to say Join the LTT forums, despite being an on and off, fan of Linus since 2015. I also re-watched the video My Teenage Dream PC - Ricer PC Part 1, and remebered how sad i was that there was never a part 2, at least to my knowledge. In my quest to find it, I found his video Rebuilding My VERY FIRST Gaming PC! I felt inspired to repost the First, and really the only, Gaming PC I have ever made. The year? 2012 I was an adult (20 to be exact) i had finally graduated high school (I dropped out at 17, got my GED, was attending community college classes in philosophy/Psycology, and perusing my dream career in standup comedy, Spoiler- It didn't happen. Probably because i played WOW too much)  Any way, I finished High School and Vocational training at job Corps. At the end of training at Job corps, I had major depression issues, and was banking on the world ending. So i did what any 20 year old failed comedian, who lived with their mom would do, Spend ALL their Job Corps money on a sick, custom, Top of the line Gaming computer(so they could finally play Crysis)

As a super AMD Fanboy I came up with this build:

End of the World Gaming Computer -Pcpartpicker.com

I Gamed on it till 2015, when it was stolen from my car, when I was finally moving out of my moms house thanks to my job at Taco Bell. Nowadays, I am just a maintenance tech, I just play games and sculpt in blender on a refurbished lenovo thinkcentre with a AMD workstation Graphics card. However, this year( of all f***g years) my wife decided to get into Pc gaming, so I got her a system with an I5 10400, and an AMD RX 580, because it was what I could afford. It was also probably a waste though, as she seems to prefer games like Stardew Valley, and Among us... Once I've saved Up enough money though, I plan on making a Threadripper3990x/Radeon RX 6900 XT AMD fanboy Workstation, , As my Blender hobby is starting to look like a career. With my current jank setup, I already have decent speeds, Using AMD ProRender In Unreal Engine with the Vulkan API, Rendering full detail, animated scenes, and I want to see what it would be Like on a top of the line AMD beast.

Hey, Hi

I know what you mean about bad timing lol.

I just started buying my first parts for my new system build before all this happened. My first machine ever that wouldn't have been an HP laptop or prebuilt. I was so looking forward to it. 

The case has been sitting with a sheet over it for like a year. 😄

With these graphics cards high prices now at the end of everything else. It's like Kong took a giant dump on that fun.

I been hanging on all this time playing really old games on my ancient desktop.

So then to top everything else off and put a This Sucks Flag on the top of that pile of poo.

My desktop graphics card picks last week to fail. 🥴

So now I got nothing for gaming for a long time to come lol.

😄 

I just wanted to mention that I think you'd likely get more replies on a "Say Hi" first post.

If you keep it short for that first post.

I just have noticed that many people don't seem to have the patience to read/reply to long posts unless it's something they feel strongly about. They will often reply to short first time hello posts though.

No offence intended, I just thought it might be helpful to you.

😁

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, but I just wanted to talk about a few things, I guess I don't really care of people read it, or reply, but yeah it sucks, I was pretty hyped for RDNA 2, as an amd fan, as I haven't really bothered upgrading from the radeon pro WX 4100 I purchased in 2016 for my lenovo think center, when I started getting deeper into modeling, animating, and rendering, I wanted GPU acceleration. I was excited when my wife said she wanted to get into computer gaming, until I started shopping. The plus side is, both the RX 580 I got for her And my workstation card can handle all the esports titles and other games she has shown interest in, I can even play shadow of the tomb raider, be it 45 fps on 720p. On mine and 40 at 1080p on hers. I just wish I didn't have to pay Over MSRP for a refurbished old card, but it was literally the best value I could find after literal days of shopping with the funds we set aside for her computer