Carbon Fiber wrap keyboard

nice work you did there

Thank you sir! Can't take too much credit tho, since it's actually easier than I tought it would be  :)

Really nice work man! Do you think this will work on corsair keyboards too?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I love seeing the words "how hard can it be".

Good job.

Haha! Thx man :)  Tought it appropriate since I had no previous experiance with vinyl, and had very little idea what I was doing.  :D

Really nice work man! Do you think this will work on corsair keyboards too?

Thx man!   :)  Probably, what keyboard did you have in mind? The adhesive sticks best to even surfaces, so if you have a soft touch handrest or something like that, then you probably won't get the vinyl to stick to those parts, but other than that, as long you clean the keyboard properly you should be just fine.  :)

Haha! Thx man :)  Tought it appropriate since I had no previous experiance with vinyl, and had very little idea what I was doing.  :D

After seeing the first couple of pictures I thought it was going to be a complete car crash but it turned out really well.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Very nice man

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

• 1 year later...

Thank god this result show up in Google so nice bro I already have all the equipment but still don't dare to start without referring first. And you bro make this easier.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Cool looks :) , but the plastic feeling would ruin it for me :(

Does it feel that different from cured resin?

Thats sick! Wish someone would make carbon fiber keycaps!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

• 1 month later...

How long did it take. I'm thinking about doing the same...

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

• 2 months later...

How long did it take. I'm thinking about doing the same...

mayby 45 minuts, removing all the buttons and cleaning the keyboard takes half the time  :P

Any weight reduction?

Oh yeah lol, accelereation increased significantly  :D

Yeah, me too.... Tried wrapping a keycap just for fun, didn't end up looking very pretty tho  ;)

Thank god this result show up in Google so nice bro I already have all the equipment but still don't dare to start without referring first. And you bro make this easier.

Thanx bro! Glad I could help  :)  It's been so long since I made this, I thought the tread died a long time ago...  (sorry for extremely late reply)  Hope you were satisfied with the result! Still use mine still no problem with it, adhesive still holds up nicely after 2 years. 

Hope you're having a nice weekend!  :)

On 1/30/2016 at 3:44 AM, Dark_Nemesis said:

Yeah, me too.... Tried wrapping a keycap just for fun, didn't end up looking very pretty tho  ;)

If you are still looking, I believe WASDKeyboards allows you to upload an image to have printed on top of your keycaps. It wouldn't be CF textured but it would give you the look at least.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 9:22 PM, HannibalBurgers said:

If you are still looking, I believe WASDKeyboards allows you to upload an image to have printed on top of your keycaps. It wouldn't be CF textured but it would give you the look at least.

Thinking of replacing my keyboard and mouse in a bit, but thanks for the info! :) 

Good to know for future modding projects as I will probably come up with something fun to do with with my next keyboard as well :D