Can I control the speeds of these fans?

JustinNgos
Go to solution Solved by Grabhanem,

How does the controller receive power? If it's using SATA or similar there's no way to control the speed from the motherboard.

I recently got the EzDiy FAB rgb fans ->https://www.amazon.ca/EZDIY-FAB-Computer-Motherboard-Adjustable-Addressable/dp/B07XBY3J67/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=ezdiy&qid=1618016350&sr=8-6 and they seem to have no speed control except for using the remote. I use 3 pin 5v argb to control lights but there isn't any fan cables.. I was wondering if there was any way to control it through software so I can make it more quiet.

How does the controller receive power? If it's using SATA or similar there's no way to control the speed from the motherboard.

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

it uses SATA. thanks for the help!

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you can figure out which pins to the fans do what you might be able to hack them up to have motherboard speed control, likely they're still using pretty standard PWM (4 wire) or voltage control (3 wire) to run the fans at different speeds. You'd need to probe the wires with a multi meter to see what wire does what and then de-pin them and re-pin the fan speed wires to a standard header. I suspect that they're not worth the effort though.