Gas rc car to electric

Symbolls
Go to solution Solved by airborne spoon,

its relatively easy provided you're good with fiddling with RC cars. I made the first Baja 5B electric back in Alaska in like 2008 or so. The most difficult thing to do is find a way to mount the motor to the main drive gear. if the model you are converting has an E variant then you can simply buy the motor mount and bobs your uncle. if not then you will have to find a mount and motor that will fit in there and bust out the Dremel or the drill and make some mods for it to work. its usually pretty straight forward and simple. I had this problem with both the baja and later on a savage but if you have access to a machine shop or know a guy you can get things made up that'll fit your situation perfectly. also if you are going to convert a common car its likely someone has done it already so they may have a lead on how it was done let google be your guide.

FM sucks use 2.4 you'll be much better off. 

I've been out of the RC game since like 2011 but i dono what has changed although the ESC doesn't worry about the incoming signal it just has the standard 3 wire plug that hooks up the the receiver and you're good to go as they are all interchangeable with one another. it goes transmitter>receiver>ESC>motor any one of those parts can be swapped out and the Tx and Rx go together but they can go with any ESC.

Thinking about it your question isnt very specific and im not really sure what it is exactly that your issue is you need help with....

Hello i have an old gas powerd rc car that i want to switch to electric with a bldc motor and the signal coming from the reciver is diferent how do i make it compatible with the ESC.I now this is not the best place to ask this so if simbady knows a better place to ask pls let me now thx

Any dedicated RC forum would do, though I'm sure there are some guys here who know..

I converted my old Revo 3.3 to electric using 6S and a Castle 2200KV setup.. it was pretty intense lol. The biggest favor you can do for yourself is ditching the FM tx/rx for a 2.4 setup.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

• 3 weeks later...

its relatively easy provided you're good with fiddling with RC cars. I made the first Baja 5B electric back in Alaska in like 2008 or so. The most difficult thing to do is find a way to mount the motor to the main drive gear. if the model you are converting has an E variant then you can simply buy the motor mount and bobs your uncle. if not then you will have to find a mount and motor that will fit in there and bust out the Dremel or the drill and make some mods for it to work. its usually pretty straight forward and simple. I had this problem with both the baja and later on a savage but if you have access to a machine shop or know a guy you can get things made up that'll fit your situation perfectly. also if you are going to convert a common car its likely someone has done it already so they may have a lead on how it was done let google be your guide.

FM sucks use 2.4 you'll be much better off. 

I've been out of the RC game since like 2011 but i dono what has changed although the ESC doesn't worry about the incoming signal it just has the standard 3 wire plug that hooks up the the receiver and you're good to go as they are all interchangeable with one another. it goes transmitter>receiver>ESC>motor any one of those parts can be swapped out and the Tx and Rx go together but they can go with any ESC.

Thinking about it your question isnt very specific and im not really sure what it is exactly that your issue is you need help with....