This is the saddest thing I have seen today... Verified Actual Gamer reselling their LTT 3080 for $2200 on reddit

ducdat231
3 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Why should the community be inclined to trust you when you abused their goodwill?

Also, he wasn't very honest in needing a GPU by buying one from the LTT Verified Actual Gamer, but instead to become a scalper and make a profit off of it. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Also, he wasn't very honest in needing a GPU by buying one from the LTT Verified Actual Gamer, but instead to become a scalper and make a profit off of it. 

Yeah exactly. An actual gamer would have kept the card and used it in their build, as it was intended.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Yeah, dude, you're full of shit. Instead of spending the money on the 3080, you should have just got other parts for your system and waited for prices to go down. 

Unless, of course you bought it with the intent of scalping it (hmmmmmmmmmmm).

Don't come on here and try to defend your actions without expecting people to tear you a new one. It's pretty obvious that you took advantage of LMG's goodwill to make a quick buck. Now, I don't speak for LMG, but if it was me, i'd be kind of pissed. Money out of my own pocket so someone else can turn it around and take advantage of my generosity to make a quick buck.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

During this pandemic and what it has done to GPU prices to lie about being a gamer to acquire a LTT card and then scalp it is just sad.

1 minute ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Yeah exactly. An actual gamer would have kept the card and used it in their build, as it was intended.

I know too many gamers personally myself who would do anything to acquire one of these cards and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the world. Sad, so sad.

RIG! CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro | Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: Radeon RX 580 4GB | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Case: Corsair Carbide Delta RGB | Cooler: Master Cooler Hyper Evo 212 RGB | HDD: WD 2.5 2TB | SSD: Kingston A400 250 GB | Monitor#1: Dell 27" 60Hz | Monitor#2: Sceptre 27" 60Hz

4 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

You're welcome to be mad at me for trying to flip it but I am a real gamer. I don't think you can pass that test quickly without being one. 

1 minute ago, sd140220 said:

You're welcome to be mad at me for trying to flip it but I am a real gamer. I don't think you can pass that test quickly without being one. 

A real gamer would have cherished that card, especially in this market. Not flip it for a quick buck or trade it off.

RIG! CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro | Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: Radeon RX 580 4GB | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Case: Corsair Carbide Delta RGB | Cooler: Master Cooler Hyper Evo 212 RGB | HDD: WD 2.5 2TB | SSD: Kingston A400 250 GB | Monitor#1: Dell 27" 60Hz | Monitor#2: Sceptre 27" 60Hz

Just now, sd140220 said:

Again, a real gamer would have kept the card to use it in their build. I'd give a lot to have 3080 in my PC. No test is 100% fool proof, you might not be a real gamer. On the other hand, you could be a real gamer, but a scummy one with no concept of how to deal with goodwill like this.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

If only @PlayStation 2 was here 😞
I would just say what he would but then I'd get yeeted out of here.

I'll just say this:
The VAG, or Verified Actual Gamer program was for Verified. Actual. Gamers. People who intended to game on the card.

The MSRP of the 3080 FE was $700. $2200 is almost THREE times $700.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to sell it.

I don't remember how much 3080s cost for VAG.

But if you are, sell it for however much you bought it.

And I can guarantee it wasn't $2200, because the 3090 was less than that.

So.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Sell the card for however much you paid for it.

2. Keep the card. Game, mine, I don't care.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, sd140220 said:

I don't think you can pass that test quickly without being one. 

Uh wat?
I game a fair amount. Mostly Minecraft and emulated Nintendo games.

But every single question is Googleable very quickly.

This too:

Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

Again, a real gamer would have kept the card to use it in their build. I'd give a lot to have 3080 in my PC. No test is 100% fool proof, you might not be a real gamer. On the other hand, you could be a real gamer, but a scummy one with no concept of how to deal with goodwill like this.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

If only @PlayStation 2 was here 😞
I would just say what he would but then I'd get yeeted out of here.

I'll just say this:
The VAG, or Verified Actual Gamer program was for Verified. Actual. Gamers. People who intended to game on the card.

The MSRP of the 3080 FE was $700. $2200 is almost THREE times $700.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to sell it.

I don't remember how much 3080s cost for VAG.

But if you are, sell it for however much you bought it.

And I can guarantee it wasn't $2200, because the 3090 was less than that.

So.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Sell the card for however much you paid for it.

2. Keep the card. Game, mine, I don't care.

EDIT:

Uh wat?
I game a fair amount. Mostly Minecraft and emulated Nintendo games.

But every single question is Googleable very quickly.

This too:

I second that. Google is a hell of tool, although that dude probably knows already...

Selling it for what you paid is a good suggestion so that someone honest can enjoy it, or, you know, also consider keeping it and using it in your system.

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

My contribution is simple, here.

I Knew I wouldn't be able to afford a card, were I selected to be able to purchase one, so I simply didn't enter.

I HAVE a build, 3900XT, 32GB of RAM, MP600 SSD, but I'm using a used Vega 64 which appears to be on it's last legs.

If I had been able to purchase a card, it would be in my computer, and I would be gaming on it.

But I couldn't afford the card + tariff duties, so I simply didn't enter to buy one.

And it never even crossed my mind to buy one, run my credit card up, then resell the card for more than my VISA balance was, and make a profit in the end.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

This is so upsetting.  I'm in the UK and my OverClockers pre-order queue position is currently 899; waiting since last Oct!!!   I tried to purchase on LTTStore about 2hrs after the YouTube video came out with the announcement and was too late.  This jerk-off buys the card at near MSRP turns around and sells it at a profit.   The universe is not kind to me ... hoping for cryptocurrency prices to crash and the GPU drought to done with.   

To entertain you, below is my queue position each week since pre-order purchase.

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

OCT 23 - 2196
OCT 30 - 1958
NOV 06 - 1826
NOV 13 - 1674
NOV 20 - 1583
NOV 27 - 1477
DEC 04 - 1438
DEC 11 - 1385
DEC 19 - 1329
DEC 24 - 1285
JAN 08 - 1147
JAN 15 - 1130
JAN 22 - 1104
JAN 29 - 1084
FEB 05 - 1009
FEB 12 - 977
FEB 19 - 968
FEB 26 - 961
MAR 05 - 953
MAR 12 - 943
MAR 19 - 919
MAR 26 - 899
APR 02 - no queue position email due to bank holiday
APR 09 - ??? ******* crossing my fingers 

*** Thread locked ***

This is rather pointless. Linus HIMSELF said that they can only do so much to ensure that actual people who have knowledge about gaming culture will get CHANCE to buy cards at MSRP. He did also said that if someone complete's the challenge and decides to them sell the card, with profit, its their business. LMG is only acting like a retailer. They don't have power on anything once goods leave the warehouse.

This is not first time something from LMG has been sold. There are threads time-to-time noting people who sells their giveaway wins, some of which might have signatures or other unique stuff. Some people in those threads have suggested pulling a dick move to another dick. Suggesting or acting in such ways is strictly against our rules.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv