Case Fans not Spinning

BigE_

Hello, here's the problem

I was watching youtube yesterday morning when I suddenly noticed my case fan at the back stopped spinning, I checked CPUID HWMonitor and the PWM fans were at  0% 0% 99%, I also checked the BIOS and the case fans were N/A.

I haven't checked the back side for the fan hub.

On a related topic, my fans RGB sometimes flickers, fade or downright turns off, I figured it might be from running UEBS because thats when it started flickering after running it but that was a few months back.

My fans: InPlay DF-12 Ice tower 120mm 
Yes, my fans are relatively cheap and the manufacturer doesnt have any websites

I figured I get advise from you guys here before I bring it to the folks who built the PC because it might be just a loose wire or something.

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 with stock cooler
Biostar B450M Motherboard
ASRock RX570 4GB
8 GB 2666Mhz Ram
500 GB HDD
InPlay GS450 Pro 450 watt Bronze PSU

BTW, this is what I meant by 0% 0% 99%

Screenshot_113.png

Welcome to the forums!!!

So is your fans connected to the provided fan hub that comes with the fans or are they all connected to one header? If they are all connected to one header, then software will only report one fan speed as the others will be blank as there is no fan connected. If they are not, try placing the fan that is working at 99 on another header. If so, then the fans are dead. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

6 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

So is your fans connected to the provided fan hub that comes with the fans or are they all connected to one header? If they are all connected to one header, then software will only report one fan speed as the others will be blank as there is no fan connected. If they are not, try placing the fan that is working at 99 on another header. If so, then the fans are dead. 

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, all the fans are connected to the single fan hub. Not a single one of my 4 fans are spinning though, I wonder why the software picks up 99% on one of the fans

3 hours ago, BigE_ said:

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, all the fans are connected to the single fan hub. Not a single one of my 4 fans are spinning though, I wonder why the software picks up 99% on one of the fans

Seems like the hub is dead/defective if no fans are spinning and reporting the wrong speed. Don't think there is a lot to do there, only buy new fans. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

20 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

Seems like the hub is dead/defective if no fans are spinning and reporting the wrong speed. Don't think there is a lot to do there, only buy new fans. 

Thanks for all the help, for some reason the fans randomly spun again after 2 days. And It happened when I was watching youtube, bruh.

But I need a reason why it happened tho, LOL.

3 hours ago, BigE_ said:

Thanks for all the help, for some reason the fans randomly spun again after 2 days. And It happened when I was watching youtube, bruh.

That's very strange. I don't have an explanation for that or what can be causing that. 

3 hours ago, BigE_ said:

But I need a reason why it happened tho, LOL.

^^ Look above ^^

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

That's very strange. I don't have an explanation for that or what can be causing that. 

^^ Look above ^^

It turned off again this evening when I left it on at the lockscreen for a while and returned to find it off, guess I should bring it up to the guys who made it.

1 minute ago, BigE_ said:

It turned off again this evening when I left it on at the lockscreen for a while and returned to find it off, guess I should bring it up to the guys who made it.

For sure, contact them and explain what is going on, they might be able to send you new fans/hub to replace this one as it appears they are defective. 

Do you think its some loose/faulty wiring or something related to power? It's really frustrating and my temps reach 60-70* celsius while online class. etc

2 minutes ago, BigE_ said:

Do you think its some loose/faulty wiring or something related to power? It's really frustrating and my temps reach 60-70* celsius while online class. etc

That's actually a good idea that I didn't think about (assuming everything is fully seated and properly connected). Check your connections just to rule out its not a loose connection. 

For the time being, removing the side panel to drop temperatures until you get new replacement fans or a new airflow case.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

That's actually a good idea that I didn't think about (assuming everything is fully seated and properly connected). Check your connections just to rule out its not a loose connection. 

For the time being, removing the side panel to drop temperatures until you get new replacement fans or a new airflow case.

It might really be just some wires because my really young nephew a while ago swung his arm hard enough to violently move the pc at an angle and my table can have some pretty bad vibrations from the things I put down on it. Plus I didn't have the time to open the back side panel and check the hub itself. 

And thanks for the advise on removing the side panel, I noticed that the tempered glass gets hot like I'm playing a heavy game when in reality I'm just using chrome.