MH751 audio quality is soso

burntcrisp
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
2 minutes ago, burntcrisp said:

It's not worse than my $7 earphone. Like i said, it's a very comfortable headset and i like it. But as for the sound goes? It's pretty much the same with my earphone and that's $54 vs $7 value. I bought this headset because of great reviews. And because of that, i even started thinking that it might be a defective one. Or like i said, maybe it's because of the cheap mobo.

Could very well be mobo. But the thing I suggest in this case is time. Let yourself find the nuances in the headphones and differences. It's what I and many other like to call brain burn in.  But I'm not sure what a cheap $5 DAC amp can do but worth a try.

I just got my MH751 delivered to me 2 days ago and i was disappointed with the audio quality. I don't know if it has to do with my motherboard (h110m ds2-cf) being cheap or what but the earphone that i bought has the same audio quality of the headset for $7. As for comfort, it's great, i can barely feel it and i think i can wear it for a long gaming session. But other than that? I'm disappointed. I bought a $5 sound card as a replacement of mh752 sound card and see if that changes anything.

In what respect is it not better than your cheap headset?what do you feel is lacking? It's a pretty flat sounding headset so for many people they get dissapointed when they aren't blown away by bass impact and would not be surprised if that was the case in this case. 

12 minutes ago, burntcrisp said:

I just got my MH751 delivered to me 2 days ago and i was disappointed with the audio quality. I don't know if it has to do with my motherboard (h110m ds2-cf) being cheap or what but the earphone that i bought has the same audio quality of the headset for $7. As for comfort, it's great, i can barely feel it and i think i can wear it for a long gaming session. But other than that? I'm disappointed. I bought a $5 sound card as a replacement of mh752 sound card and see if that changes anything.

Probably your mobo actually. The little dongle is great tho.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

In what respect is it not better than your cheap headset?what do you feel is lacking? It's a pretty flat sounding headset so for many people they get dissapointed when they aren't blown away by bass impact and would not be surprised if that was the case win this case. 

It's not worse than my $7 earphone. Like i said, it's a very comfortable headset and i like it. But as for the sound goes? It's pretty much the same with my earphone and that's $54 vs $7 value. I bought this headset because of great reviews. And because of that, i even started thinking that it might be a defective one. Or like i said, maybe it's because of the cheap mobo.

2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Probably your mobo actually. The little dongle is great tho.

If it's the mobo i hope the sound card (plextone gs3) that i bought is good enough. I didn't buy expensive one because i heard that the MH752 version sound card is a cheap one.

2 minutes ago, burntcrisp said:

Could very well be mobo. But the thing I suggest in this case is time. Let yourself find the nuances in the headphones and differences. It's what I and many other like to call brain burn in.  But I'm not sure what a cheap $5 DAC amp can do but worth a try.

Just now, rice guru said:

The one with the MH752's is great for the price tho.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, burntcrisp said:

If it's the mobo i hope the sound card (plextone gs3) that i bought is good enough. I didn't buy expensive one because i heard that the MH752 version sound card is a cheap one.

It's cheap but comparable to the ones that thery sell with a hyper x cloud 2 which goes for like $20 which is compatible to something like a creative play!3

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

This. This is very important. I had this twice happening to my high-end headphones and out of the box, they didn't sound nice. After a week I started to love them a lot. Bass improved aswell as the treble started to sound vivid, sparkly and pleasant. Your brain has to get used to the new sound first.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280