A wireless 144hz Monitor or Adapter.

Thinkfreely

With price being no object you could pay a company to design one.

But otherwise there would be absolutely no reason for a monitor to be wireless and not connected to the actual device generating the image and be 144hz

44 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Random question, assuming price is no problem, is there any company that makes a 144hz 1080p wireless gaming monitor, or adapter?

You would need one hell of a battery in order to power that 😄 But why?.... Kinda stupid idea, but hey. If you don't want any cables at all then that would be a perfect monitor for you.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

22 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

You would need one hell of a battery in order to power that 😄 But why?.... Kinda stupid idea, but hey. If you don't want any cables at all then that would be a perfect monitor for you.

I have a desk build I am doing where everything will be wireless. I was just curious if there was any receiver powerful enough to do 144hz at 1080p wirelessly.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

23 hours ago, emosun said:

With price being no object you could pay a company to design one.

But otherwise there would be absolutely no reason for a monitor to be wireless and not connected to the actual device generating the image and be 144hz

I have a desk build I am doing where everything will be wireless. I was just curious if there was any receiver powerful enough to do 144hz at 1080p wirelessly.

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

With things like WiGig, it might be theoretically possible - the Vive Wireless runs effectively 1200p 90Hz wirelessly with basically 0 latency. However, a better option would probably be to route cables inside the monitor arm & back of desk or similar to keep the "cable-less" look, since last I checked they hadn't come out with wireless monitor stands yet. 😉

Just now, Grabhanem said:

With things like WiGig, it might be theoretically possible - the Vive Wireless runs effectively 1200p 90Hz wirelessly with basically 0 latency. However, a better option would probably be to route cables inside the monitor arm & back of desk or similar to keep the "cable-less" look, since last I checked they hadn't come out with wireless monitor stands yet. 😉

So i am building a custom monitor mount and pc mount where they will be roughly 3-4 feet apart. They will actually be on individualized motorized mounts to be able to go into the desk themselves. The idea was was to have my main gaming monitor be able to be at least 144hz 1080p with no cables whatsoever (minus power).

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

So i am building a custom monitor mount and pc mount where they will be roughly 3-4 feet apart. They will actually be on individualized motorized mounts to be able to go into the desk themselves. The idea was was to have my main gaming monitor be able to be at least 144hz 1080p with no cables whatsoever (minus power).

Why not run an extra-long HDMI or DP cable where your power cable is going? You can get quite large ones intended for projectors, etc that are typically ceiling mounted, or even wall plates like Linus used for his virtualized setup.

Just now, Grabhanem said:

Why not run an extra-long HDMI or DP cable where your power cable is going? You can get quite large ones intended for projectors, etc that are typically ceiling mounted, or even wall plates like Linus used for his virtualized setup.

So the whole build idea is everything wireless, just seeing if it's possible.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, dilpickle said:

You still need a power cable.

And no you won't find anything that does 144hz wirelessly.

The power cable is fine. The closest thing I have found is is wigig. They do the wireless for vive and steam vr and can push 120hz refresh wirelessly but its proprietary.