So i was wondering which gpu would be better:  the 750ti evga sc edition or the gigabyte 660 oc edition. I already know that the 660 has slightly better performance and there isn't a large price difference, but do you guys think that a 750ti might be better anyway since it has the newer architecture and will more likely be supported for a longer time as far as updates and what ever else nvidia may come up with?

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

750 ti hands down

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

750ti is faster plus it has insane power efficiency           edit: nevermind ^^

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

660 is actually better, but it consumes more power. In terms of sheer performance, 660 is better, but it's not worth buying one right now. I'd get a 750 ti.

So i was wondering which gpu would be better:  the 750ti evga sc edition or the gigabyte 660 oc edition. I already know that the 660 has slightly better performance and there isn't a large price difference, but do you guys think that a 750ti might be better anyway since it has the newer architecture and will more likely be supported for a longer time as far as updates and what ever else nvidia may come up with?

I would get the 750ti because over time the electricity prices and the fact that the 750ti overclocks amazingly (the versions that have the pci-e power connectors do) definitely makes it worth it over the 660. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

660ti is better , but consider 750ti because it has new Architecture. and also 750ti can get amazing overclocks.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

I would get the 750ti because over time the electricity prices and the fact that the 750ti overclocks amazingly (the versions that have the pci-e power connectors do) definitely makes it worth it over the 660. 

No it doesn't, the 660 is faster period. No matter how much you OC the 750 Ti it will never be faster than even a reference 660 as you can overclock a 660 too and even the reference one's OC pretty well.

@OP Wait it out, the 8xx is coming and there should be something that comes out that's right above where the 750Ti sits that will probably perform about as good as a 660 Ti does.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The 660 is better no matter how much you overclock the 750Ti.  You wont be disappointed getting either of these cards, but the 660 is better for pure gaming. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

660 is better unless you're upgrading an OEM or something, in which the 750 Ti likely won't require you to upgrade the PSU. If you got the power go for the 660.

"Rawr XD"

Ya, depending on what your current power supply is, it might be better and less expensive to go for the 750.  What power supply do you currently have?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."