Help!, Trying to find a WIRED Win 10 Compliant Standard keyboard?

I need a full size keyboard that has the standard size keys, where all keys are the same size because I cannot stand tiny keys mixed with normal sized keys.

Need USB but I can find/but an adapter and it needs those flip up legs.

I've worn this MSFT 3000 out to the point several keys have partial paint on them.

I'd like a new KB but would settle for a reputable USED dealer.

PS I have search about 2 hours per day for the last 4 days and I am worn out..Please give this 50 year old out of touch dude some klues.

Thanks all who read this and can help!

Budget? Type of keyboard you're looking for?

Do you want a membrane or mechanical, the microsoft 3000 you mentioned is a membrane keyboard.

If you're looking for something similar to your Microsoft 3000 there's the Microsoft 600 and the 850, thought the 850 is wireless and has a 2.4ghz dongle. Both are really cheap.

9 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

I need a full size keyboard that has the standard size keys, where all keys are the same size because I cannot stand tiny keys mixed with normal sized keys.

I've worn this MSFT 3000 out to the point several keys have partial paint on them.

PS I have search about 2 hours per day for the last 4 days and I am worn out..Please give this 50 year old out of touch dude some klues.

Depends on budget and what you personally like in a keyboard. If you want mechanical keyboards, full size keys and all that, check out mechanicalkeyboards.com

You can pick from a large variety of boards in various sizes with different layouts, designs and key switch types. There’s something there for all sorts of budgets and desired typing experiences.

Look into what key switches give what feel. Some common examples are Cherry MX Reds, which are average across the board and are a great universal choice. MX Blues are clicky if you like that noise, silvers are very low resistance for fast typers. There’s a whole lot so google what each switch is all about or ask for recommendations based on what you like.

If you want just a regular everyday keyboard, Logitech makes the K120, which is a very basic rubber dome based keyboard with half height but not chiclet or spaced out keys. It’s the most “average” keyboard that there is, they’re cheap and they’re actually pretty nice to type on.

The Logitech K840 is the next step up, full height keys, Logitech’s own mechanical switches in a few varieties depending on your desired typing feel, full size with a normal layout.

13 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

Are you sure thats the model of the keyboard, i tried googling it to get an idea but could only find a Microsoft webcam. 🙂

But that being very well i would've suggested the same as @AndreiArgeanudid. Get the same brand/model as far as you can.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Are you sure thats the model of the keyboard, i tried googling it to get an idea but could only find a Microsoft webcam.

I replaced msft with microsoft and I got what keyboard he was mentioning. I'm assuming that's what he was talking about.

image.thumb.png.f8c2d29f117d9766e0b8fad51a5f63c4.png

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Budget? Type of keyboard you're looking for?

Do you want a membrane or mechanical, the microsoft 3000 you mentioned is a membrane keyboard.

If you're looking for something similar to your Microsoft 3000 there's the Microsoft 600 and the 850, thought the 850 is wireless and has a 2.4ghz dongle. Both are really cheap.

Thanks rapid reply.

I have a not etched in iron budget of $45. What is the benefit in a mechanical KB?

My only issue with Wireless KB/Mouse is that it takes away a USB port.

ALSO I hate keyboards with a combination of reg size keys mixed in with tiny keys. Like this MSFT 3000 KB which has F1-F12 keys that are 1/3rd the size of other keys, this is the #1 I hate this KB

Also I cannot stand RBG flashing as if a DISCO might happen within moments.

I wouldn't be opposed to non blinking, just illuminated keys of my choice and an option to turn of RGB for sleep time.

I apologize for such a long boring reply but I want to be clear

Could you just offer me you opinion on say your top 3 KB's I should buy based on my budget etc?

THANKS

16 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Are you sure thats the model of the keyboard, i tried googling it to get an idea but could only find a Microsoft webcam. 🙂

But that being very well i would've suggested the same as @AndreiArgeanudid. Get the same brand/model as far as you can.

From the sticker on the back of the keyboard

"Microsoft digital media keyboard 300"

"Model 1343"

Microsoft Part # "X815082-018"

Does this information Confirm my keyboard?

18 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

What is the benefit in a mechanical KB?

They can be often more reliable and smoother, and often feel better to type on. For example on a membrane keyboard you may find that pressing on the keys may feel a bit mushy while on a keyboard with a mechanical red switch, you get a smooth press all the way to the bottom, no bounciness or mushiness and when you hit the bottom of the keyboard with the key, it's rock solid, no mushiness of any sort. Some switches like browns and blue's have tactility and clickiness, tactility is when you feel a click as you press down, rather than it being smooth like a red switch there's a click you can feel at the actuation point(the point where the key activates and writes something), clickines is basically the noise that you hear as you press each key, so as you reach the actuation point not only do you feel a distinct click, but you also hear it making clicky switches often pretty noisy, a clicky switch is most of time if not always also a tactile switch.

The closest thing in matter of mechanical keyboard to your normal membrane keyboard is a keyboard with a red switch. Though finding one under your budget may be a little difficult.

If you don't want to complicate with any of this, which is completely fine there's plenty of other choices out there like the logitech k120

71utDf4YtkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or  a keyboard similar to this one

61aC09w8V6L._AC_SL1280_.jpg\

If you don't mind the smaller F keys there are many more great choices available like this dell one

511uwSAdj5L._AC_SL1067_.jpg

58 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

where all keys are the same size

Including the Space bar and return key?

EDIT,

you (probably) won't kind a better keyboard for standards than an original Model M

IBM_Model_M.png

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.