Getting a good deal on Amd 3600, should i wait for 5600 to launch or go for 3600 now?

Getting amd 3600 for 220usd here in India, should i buy it or wait for 5600 to launch. What could be expected price of 5600? Launch date?

deleted

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Just now, Lk09po said:

Why?

It didn't make sense, sorry...

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

the 5600x has been launched for a while and is double the price of the 3600 in india. in my opinion, it's not worth it at this price.

however, it depends a lot on what you do with this cpu, what gpu you have, what games you play, what applications you use and what resolution and frequency your monitor is.

Yes it does make sense, so pc parts are quite costlier here in India , u can check on amazon.in, right now amd ryzen 3600 is going for around 220usd which is around 35 usd less of its usual price. Amd will launch ryzen 5600 since they have launched 5600x .So i asked advice , i can wait 2-3 months if i can get 5600 around that price?

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the 5600x has been launched for a while and is double the price of the 3600 in india. in my opinion, it's not worth it at this price.

however, it depends a lot on what you do with this cpu, what gpu you have, what games you play, what applications you use and what resolution and frequency your monitor is.

Is amd 3600 around eol?

The 5600X has already "launched". It's just out of stock everywhere. There's a global chip shortage right now caused by COVID-19 and general supply constraints. Part of the problem is that there's way too much demand for 7nm wafers. These are required for all of new next gen consoles, already committed Zen 2 production, as well as the new Zen 3 chips and Radeon 6000 series cards. The only source is TSMC, which is struggling to meet demand across all its process nodes.

Since AMD is a company with shareholders and likes money, use of 7nm is likely going to be heavily weighed towards their new GPUs, and then their higher end Zen 3 chips, first. They also are likely not eager to kill demand for the 3600s they have in circulation or committed production.

Another issue is that production of the 7nm process is too good at this point. When producing wafers, especially on new process nodes, there's always imperfections. The chips that roll off these areas of the water with imperfections just get specced down. In other words, everything is a 5950X or whatever, and if it doesn't meet the standards for that, it becomes a 5800X or a 5600X. However, when you've been using one node for this long, eventually, everything is nearly perfect, so you have to actually start devoting wafer that you could turn into $800 chips into $400 chips. You eventually have to do that just to meet the different areas of market segmentation, but when demand is high across the board, you're going to produce the thing that makes you the most money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I can't specifically help with you query but I can tell you that in the UK the 3600 has just dropped sharply in price around 20%. I believe this is due to the new Intel 11 series dropping. The 3600 can be had for £145 right now which is mega cheap for the UK market. I5 10400f is £120 and 11400f is £150. 

I don't know whether this information is in any way helpful but 220 usd for the Indian market sounds very expensive to me, in relative terms.  

2 hours ago, Lk09po said:

Yes it does make sense, so pc parts are quite costlier here in India , u can check on amazon.in, right now amd ryzen 3600 is going for around 220usd which is around 35 usd less of its usual price. Amd will launch ryzen 5600 since they have launched 5600x .So i asked advice , i can wait 2-3 months if i can get 5600 around that price?

the 5600 (if ever launched) will be at least $250 mrsp, so around $300 in india.

2 hours ago, Lk09po said:

Is amd 3600 around eol?

i think they are still producing it, but probably ramping down production. that doesn't mean it will stop being supported.

you haven't answered the other questions. what gpu? what monitor? what do you do with the cpu?

I think production is ramping down. For a week ending today the 3600 was on sale for 250 CAD. I have a 3600XT that I bought in November, but hasn't been in stock since, so I would imagine that line is dead. I paid retail 450 CAD for my 5600X, third party on Newegg.ca has it listed for 799 CAD.. Brutal. Is it worth the bump from third gen? Yup. But not for double the price.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X