Das Keyboard 4 launched

That is a geat looking keyboard, However, with how expensive it is and the fact that it lacks a backlight, the corsair k series or ducky keyboards are much more appealing. At least to me.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

What is the difference between 'a mechanical gaming keyboard' and 'a mechanical non-gaming keyboard'? I know people at work who bought what you call 'a mechanical gaming keyboard' solely for typing (more specifically coding). Are you saying that the 'mechanical gaming keyboards' cannot match the quality of these 'mechanical non-gaming keyboards'? I'm sure there are 'gaming keyboards' that use the same type of material on the keyboard as the 'non-gaming keyboards'. Even with the blank keycaps, it would be far cheaper to just add them to a cheaper 'gaming keyboard'. 

I'm talking about keyboards with the same switches. You can find a keyboard with the same switch at a far cheaper price. You can look at my above response as I've seen people at work use 'gaming keyboards' for coding specifically. They don't take it home and they certainly don't play games at work(they do play videos on the occasional break). And I don't think knobs are worth the price difference to other mechanical keyboards with the same switches. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not willing to pay extra for a keyboard with the same switches as others and less features as others.

Sorry guys, I'm just trying to understand what you guys are seeing in these 'premium products'.  :huh:

What mainly sets them apart, like anything else, is the features it has but mainly who its marketed at as that determines the feature set it has. Good examples would be gaming oriented motherboards and cases vs non gaming oriented ones.

There are a few "gaming" mechanical boards that are as good quality as the higher quality enthusiast or boutique brands but usually the more mass produced something is the more corners are cut. they want to pump them out as quickly as possible with a reasonably low RMA rate than as high quality as possible. A good example of this is corsairs keyboards that aluminum plate on top is actually the plate that the switches are snapped into to reduce stress on the PCB while typing. This is normally inside the case so the saved cost with less material and simpler design.

They dont necessarily use the same materials or even the same quality materials. Its not just about the black keycaps.

yes and liek i said i can get boards with the same switches for next to nothing if you know where to look. I never said it wouldnt work but usually someone who is in a professional field would want flashy gaming hardware on his or her desk. Some businesses even buy these and they definitely dont want that.

Im guess you dont see the point of any premium products in any scenario.

Guess the only way to actually tell is to actually try side by side then... If only there was a place that can allow me to try some of those premium mechanical keyboards.... :(

thats the only way to know which switch is you favorite as well, try all of them.

That is a geat looking keyboard, However, with how expensive it is and the fact that it lacks a backlight, the corsair k series or ducky keyboards are much more appealing. At least to me.

The main one they are marketing also has blank caps so hows a backlight going to help?