Setting up a computer is hard

I have no idea on how to set up a pc everything is brand new and I don’t know what flash BIOS is

This is all I see when I turn it on and I spammed the delete button to no avail maybe dumb of me to do but jaystwocentz said something about doing that and plz don’t judge the set up too hard

77374AC0-E8EF-4943-BB63-2C88CF6496C7.jpeg

Have you installed Windows yet? Do you have a ssd of HDD o boot from?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

You need to download windows onto a USB stick, when you boot 5e computer it should say somewhere on the screen what button opens the bios, go to the bios go to the exit/boot window select default boot drive, select the USB stick, click save and exit. It will boot from the USB and go to the download windows screen, choose what ssd to boot from, preferably ssd, then let it download.

7 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

I have no idea on how to set up a pc everything is brand new and I don’t know what flash BIOS is

This is all I see when I turn it on and I spammed the delete button to no avail maybe dumb of me to do but jaystwocentz said something about doing that and plz don’t judge the set up too hard

Did you make a bootable USB stick for Windows? Did you install Windows already? Did you change the boot order already?

This video gives a lot of good info in a clear manner to know what to do (it just depends on what you have or have not done already)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

36 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

Try mashing all the f keys and see which one brings up the bios screen. Different motherboard have different keys to enter their bios. Mine for example uses either del or f8 (i think)

21 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Have you installed Windows yet? Do you have a ssd of HDD o boot from?

I have it on a usb but not on the pc

21 hours ago, Archerr said:

You need to download windows onto a USB stick, when you boot 5e computer it should say somewhere on the screen what button opens the bios, go to the bios go to the exit/boot window select default boot drive, select the USB stick, click save and exit. It will boot from the USB and go to the download windows screen, choose what ssd to boot from, preferably ssd, then let it download.

It only shows what’s in the picture 

21 hours ago, minibois said:

Did you make a bootable USB stick for Windows? Did you install Windows already? Did you change the boot order already?

This video gives a lot of good info in a clear manner to know what to do (it just depends on what you have or have not done already)

I haven’t done anything since I’m too stupid to do anything but what do you mean by “bootable usb” I got a usb with windows media installer on it but I have no idea if it’s a bootable drive and should I wipe everything else on it or just leave it there and I don’t care for anything on the drive 

21 hours ago, minibois said:

Thanks for the vid I’ll check it out

20 hours ago, xScratchHackerx said:

Try mashing all the f keys and see which one brings up the bios screen. Different motherboard have different keys to enter their bios. Mine for example uses either del or f8 (i think)

Cool I only known about mashing delete 

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

21 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

I haven’t done anything since I’m too stupid to do anything but what do you mean by “bootable usb” I got a usb with windows media installer on it but I have no idea if it’s a bootable drive and should I wipe everything else on it or just leave it there and I don’t care for anything on the drive 

Did you just drop the windows media installer file onto the USB stick or did you start the program windows media installer and select the usb drive as the target drive?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

6 minutes ago, -iSynthesis said:

Did you just drop the windows media installer file onto the USB stick or did you start the program windows media installer and select the usb drive as the target drive?

Dropped it on I think that’s wrong but it didn’t give me the option to download it to the usb only to the laptop then I dropped it on 

13 minutes ago, -iSynthesis said:

You run the installer on a windows PC and select the USB to use. Then you put the USB in the computer and chose it in the bios.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You run the installer on a windows PC and select the USB to use. Then you put the USB in the computer and chose it in the bios.

I just need to find out how to open bios

1 minute ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

I just need to find out how to open bios

When you turn on the PC there should be a splash screen with a logo (not the boot device not found screen), and it will have a key to press.

If you cant figure it out you could take a video of the screen with you turn it on and post it here.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

When you turn on the PC there should be a splash screen with a logo (not the boot device not found screen), and it will have a key to press.

If you cant figure it out you could take a video of the screen with you turn it on and post it here.

Okay 

31 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

0BCD3F55-0C75-43A4-9A32-12907EF9B3A2.png

Okay, when you hammer F11 (as shown there, to enter the boot menu - where you'd be able to select the USB drive you set up for Windows 10 installation)

Does it actually let you pick a boot device?

If not, please plug your keyboard into a different USB socket.

1 hour ago, whispous said:

Okay, when you hammer F11 (as shown there, to enter the boot menu - where you'd be able to select the USB drive you set up for Windows 10 installation)

Does it actually let you pick a boot device?

If not, please plug your keyboard into a different USB socket.

Okay

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Let's try and keep on-topic and watch your multi-qutoes.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 3/28/2021 at 9:35 PM, SansVarnic said:

-= Topic Cleaned =-

How do you reply without quoting them?

On 3/28/2021 at 9:35 PM, SansVarnic said:

-= Topic Cleaned =-

On 3/29/2021 at 6:55 PM, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

54 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

Use multi-quote function... Look a the 3 red arrows.

image.thumb.png.2f8d800a6c38fdaebdbb053f0d98b091.png.d2d34c8137f10c1d959443b157b1d051.png

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Use multi-quote function... Look a the 3 red arrows.

image.thumb.png.2f8d800a6c38fdaebdbb053f0d98b091.png.d2d34c8137f10c1d959443b157b1d051.png

Like this ? I’m on phone btw 

3 minutes ago, ToPShaGGeR107 said:

Like this ? I’m on phone btw 

Yup, allows you to use multiple quotes in the same comment.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Okay I know that you likely alrready figured this out but heres a DETAILED guide.

Get a PC with windows 10 MAKE SURE you are logged into an administrator account.  Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from microsoft.  Open your downlaods folder and run it.  Then select your language and hit next next next until you get to the ISO or USB drive stage.  Select USB drive and pickj your flash drive.  Hit next accept the warning that it will earse your drive.  After it is done SAFELY eject your drive from the ^ in the task bar.  (Its the USB logo and then left click to eject the drive) when it says it is safe to eject pull out the drive.  Plug it into your computer and hit the reset button.  After that start up the PC and immediately start pressing F11.  PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR USB DRIVE AND KEYBOARD ARE PLUGGED INTO THE BACK PORTS!!!!! Then Select UEFI (Brand name for the flash drive) this will load the windows 01 installer from there just install windows 10.

11 hours ago, xXGaming123 said:

Okay I know that you likely alrready figured this out but heres a DETAILED guide.

Get a PC with windows 10 MAKE SURE you are logged into an administrator account.  Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from microsoft.  Open your downlaods folder and run it.  Then select your language and hit next next next until you get to the ISO or USB drive stage.  Select USB drive and pickj your flash drive.  Hit next accept the warning that it will earse your drive.  After it is done SAFELY eject your drive from the ^ in the task bar.  (Its the USB logo and then left click to eject the drive) when it says it is safe to eject pull out the drive.  Plug it into your computer and hit the reset button.  After that start up the PC and immediately start pressing F11.  PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR USB DRIVE AND KEYBOARD ARE PLUGGED INTO THE BACK PORTS!!!!! Then Select UEFI (Brand name for the flash drive) this will load the windows 01 installer from there just install windows 10.

Thanks for being detailed about this I just figured out how to open bios on and I can’t figure anything else out but I’ll retry getting windows on my usb but administrator acc?you mean one with windows right?