Is it worth to change i5 4670k...?

Hi guys in the advance sorry for my bad English..  I m from Croatia ( europe near Italy) Anyway I have

i5 4670k

Gigaybte Z87-HD3

and Scythe Ashuru

Is it worth to change that components for new Haswell refresh CPU-s? And new z97 chipset? When Intel hits the market (off course) is it worth to sell my "old" components and buy new? 

3570k is really all you need right now if you're just gaming

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

No not really you should just stick with the 4670k

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Wait for maybe Haswell-E or the generation after in my opinion. 200-300$ for a 5% upgrade and less temps isn't worth it in my opinion. (Assuming its that much and it does do less heat than Haswell)

just dont.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Wait for maybe Haswell-E or the generation after in my opinion. 200-300$ for a 5% upgrade and less temps isn't worth it in my opinion. (Assuming its that much and it does do less heat than Haswell)

I have Ashuru Air cooler and the temps are just fine.. So you think that is not worth it?  p.s. What do you mean my Haswell E? I like Mainstream stuff.. I just play games with my system and off course watch videos on youtube, surfing.. 

I have Ashuru Air cooler and the temps are just fine.. So you think that is not worth it?  p.s. What do you mean my Haswell E? I like Mainstream stuff.. I just play games with my system and off course watch videos on youtube, surfing.. 

Definitely not. Do you have problems with doing what you do on your system now? If you have problems with the playing experience then you should upgrade/add a graphics card. If you have problems with waiting on video editing or rendering, you should probably just go for a 2011 socket and get the 6 core cpu. In general, there is no real reason to upgrade if you are not having problems right now.

If you want more FPS, then get better gpu. The cpu will be fine for another cuple years.

I have xfx 7870 2gb double D version.. About the cpu I just like when I have newest cpu and mbo  current on the market..  :( But about 1-2 months I will not having..  :mellow:

Unless they surprise us with some crazy improvements over Haswell, no.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I say to people who have 3570k's not to bother upgrading.

The only time I recommend getting a 4670K is when you are doing a fresh build and you don't have any other components already. 

Anyways, if you are thinking of upgrading from a 4570K to the new intel chips, don't.

Unless you are planning to go into heavy video editing or something that requires an 8 core extreme edition, don't bother upgrading.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

If its anthing similar to how haswell performs now, then there wil be no point in upgrading. They did say that they where going to be fixing the heat issuse by using better tim. That may be omthing to look at if you are a overclocker

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The CPU you currently have is all you need right now, no need to spend your money at a new one. For gaming it's good and it will continue to be until the next 2 years(based on my speculation OFC).

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.