[HELP] Primoflex Tubing + Koolance Fittings

Hi, So i was watching linus overkill build and bought the same

Tubing: Primochill Primoflex LRT Advanced (3/8 ID 5/8 OD Tubing)
NCIX: http://bit.ly/11RQctV

and Then When I bought the Same Fittings which are These ->

Fittings: Koolance 3/8ID 5/8OD Compressions
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1cBK1Qo

--------------------------
 Turns Out the Amazon One Was 10mm x 13mm which is 3/8 ID 1/2 OD
even tho i read the topic and everything and made sure it was 10mm, but never paid attention to the Product Description

so the question is, even tho the 5/8 OD ones are so thick, will i be able to fit them? ... has anyone ever had this issue before, and i heared putting the tube in a warm/hot water will keep it losen a bit then ill be able to install it .. :<

keep in mind i cannot return the things ive bought cause i shipped them over sea and it would take like about 5 days to come to me, then ive to ship them back which would cost even more, then re-ship them oversea so yeah >.< i just hope theres a way :o ...

tube sizes can be tricky, Jay of Jayztwocents did a build and mentioned how even tho the tube says one size it might not actually be that size either :/

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Hi, Im not a watercooler myself, however i have watched lots of Linus vids,

I would say its not the end of the world, as you might be able to stretch them, but you are in for a really, really hard time as you saw in the older NCIX ultimate water cooling guide how hard linus had to work to get the fitting to fit over the pump... if you got it from Amazon, they offer a 1 year return if its faulty or defective, and i think a 1 month return guaranty.

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Just buy another set of tubing, you don't wanna risk stretching your tube then cracking it, the compression fittings eat some of the tubing to get a grip of.

tube sizes can be tricky, Jay of Jayztwocents did a build and mentioned how even tho the tube says one size it might not actually be that size either :/

yeah i watched some of his videos, well theres always a way to try and strech it i guess, thanks

----------------------

Hi, Im not a watercooler myself, however i have watched lots of Linus vids,

I would say its not the end of the world, as you might be able to stretch them, but you are in for a really, really hard time as you saw in the older NCIX ultimate water cooling guide how hard linus had to work to get the fitting to fit over the pump... if you got it from Amazon, they offer a 1 year return if its faulty or defective, and i think a 1 month return guaranty.

Sir DrowHunter

yeah i guess so, i think ill be able to strech them just like how linus streched his tubes for his pump, thats what i thought, thanks hope it works once the fittings arrive

Hi, TheScorpio

I think if i were you when you get it test it first with a single fitting and the tube and leave it over a few days because exactly as MontBlanco said, you dont want to break the tubing then flood your system.

Give that a try first

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Just buy another set of tubing, you don't wanna risk stretching your tube then cracking it, the compression fittings eat some of the tubing to get a grip of.

Hi, TheScorpio

I think if i were you when you get it test it first with a single fitting and the tube and leave it over a few days because exactly as MontBlanco said, you dont want to break the tubing then flood your system.

Give that a try first

Sir DrowHunter

Yeah i guess, and its fine cause i havent build my PC yet, but i ordered all the water cooling things i need before i build it, because it takes up to 2-3 weeks for them to ship oversea

The way i look at things is as much as you want to build it, i would rather wait 2-3 weeks and know its safe, rather than after 2-3 weeks have water over my components, thats just me though.

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Hi, So i was watching linus overkill build and bought the same

Tubing: Primochill Primoflex LRT Advanced (3/8 ID 5/8 OD Tubing)

NCIX: http://bit.ly/11RQctV

and Then When I bought the Same Fittings which are These ->

Fittings: Koolance 3/8ID 5/8OD Compressions
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1cBK1Qo

Turns Out the Amazon One Was 10mm x 13mm which is 3/8 ID 1/2 OD

even tho i read the topic and everything and made sure it was 10mm, but never paid attention to the Product Description

so the question is, even tho the 5/8 OD ones are so thick, will i be able to fit them? ... has anyone ever had this issue before, and i heared putting the tube in a warm/hot water will keep it losen a bit then ill be able to install it .. :<

keep in mind i cannot return the things ive bought cause i shipped them over sea and it would take like about 5 days to come to me, then ive to ship them back which would cost even more, then re-ship them oversea so yeah >.< i just hope theres a way :o ...

I don't mean to sound like a terrible person but the format of your message makes me  :lol:. 

>.< there is a way  :o ....

You can put the tube in warm water not hot. Let it get soft and pliable then you can force it over the 1/2" barbs. The good thing about this is you will have no leaks, the bad thing is when you go to clean/drain your loop you will have to cut the tubing as it may/will be almost impossible to pull off.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

i think the barbs will fit, because both of them has the same ID (3/8) which means they are both the same inside the tube .. but outside the tube, mine is thicker 5/8, so the Compressions caps wont fit my tubing.