Who is now buying popular PC parts on eBay?

liyihaha

I am just curious. Since we are in supply shortage, eBay may be one of the way if you want to secure a popular PC parts like GPUs, some CPUs or even MB without any hassle. But of course, you have to pay a super inflated price.

I am occasionally tracking the 3080 and 3090 price on eBay for the past several months and the price keep raising and raising. Based on my common sense, it tells us that there are a lot of consumers bought from eBay and willing to pay scalper price. Otherwise it will not make any sense that we will see 2000+ bucks 3080 and 3000+ bucks 3090. It will only happen when there are consumers will go ahead and pay that price. 

People may say that miners buy all of them but I don’t think it is completely true. Yes, miners will be one of the major part of the eBay consumers. But since I even seriously planned to get a 3090 from eBay at whatever the price they asked for one month ago, I feel there are still a lot of gamers who cannot afford the endless wait. I am not meant to blame them since I understand their feelings. I am lucky since I have a 1080 which can still hold for a while.

Have you ever considered or even bought from eBay from scalpers?

most GPUs are being sold at the highest bidder on eBay. or at lest the cards I'm looking at, so how are they scalping ? 

im thinking about selling my 1080ti the prices are so high lol. 

Idk what id do in the meantime tho lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I get nearly everything from fleabay now and so far, so good.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.