GameStop selling hardware now?!

Frugivore8894
3 minutes ago, FRD said:

It seems like they are jumping on the scalper train after all. It's funny to easily differ your former favorite shops by scalpers and honest MSRP priced selling shops from each other. Know which businesses to support and not.

It may be outlet specific.  I don’t know how their franchise system works.  They can vary a lot.  GameStops attempt to leverage their small size by being individually agile. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It may be outlet specific.  I don’t know how their franchise system works.  They can vary a lot.  GameStops attempt to leverage their small size by being individually agile. 

It's not great if it's with an outlet system. I'm not in the US myself, so I'm not familiar with the GameStop business practice that much, but from experience I can tell that usually the lesser known and harder to reach stores will probably have stocks. Or opposite and just the popular stores in the middle of the city get stocks that will be gone in no time. For GPUs after they're sold out online, it will be just left in some stores where you have to be lucky.

In Germany's GameStop people still managed to find Xbox Series Xs in stock in the stores, while online it wasn't available for order for a long time anymore.

50 minutes ago, FRD said:

It's not great if it's with an outlet system. I'm not in the US myself, so I'm not familiar with the GameStop business practice that much, but from experience I can tell that usually the lesser known and harder to reach stores will probably have stocks. Or opposite and just the popular stores in the middle of the city get stocks that will be gone in no time. For GPUs after they're sold out online, it will be just left in some stores where you have to be lucky.

In Germany's GameStop people still managed to find Xbox Series Xs in stock in the stores, while online it wasn't available for order for a long time anymore.

They’re really small shops.  Usually in strip malls and there are a lot of them.  Their main business for many years was used game disks.  Sort of a used book store for games. By “outlet” I mean store instances.  I don’t think they work on the manufacturer outlet system since there was no specific manufacturer they were associated with.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, SurvivorNVL said:

This better earn me back that $25K I sunk in to the meme.

No it wont

✨FNIGE✨