Best 10-Gig SFP+ switch with GbE ports

Recently a family member got a new server for their business with a 10-gigabit SFP+ NIC in it. Do you guys have any recommendations for a 10-gig SFP+ switch with gigabit ethernet ports? Would like to be under 2 grand. Needs at least 16 gigabit ports. Thanks for anyone's advice. 

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

The Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 48 Lite.

If you surf around eBay though you can find some very enterprise grade switches for very cheap though. If you don't mind 2nd hand.

for a business, the best device is one from the same brand as the rest of the network equipment.

if this thing is replacing whatever the rest of their 'infrastructure' is.. my first suggestion would be something HPE aruba, possibly this one: https://buy.hpe.com/us/en/networking/switches/fixed-port-l3-managed-ethernet-switches/6000-switch-products/aruba-cx-6200f-switch-series/aruba-6200f-24g-4sfp-switch/p/JL724A

they're pricy, but they tie into their entire thing of cloud management, which can save a lot of troubleshooting headache if there's ever problems.

also.. dont trust HPE's pricing.. if you have an IT partner that is partnered with HP, you can probably cut 30% off that list price.

if you dont care about the cloud management fuss, and if you dont care about the potential noise level.. buy some second hand switch.

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the best device is one from the same brand as the rest of the network equipment

They use Dell for everything, the server, the router... Current switch is an HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Series though. I was thinking about the Dell N1500 but they didn't have any in stock until August which is too far from now.

17 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you don't mind 2nd hand.

It has to be brand new and we need it fairly quickly. But I would 100% agree if it was for myself.

I use the Dell n2024 in my system. Has 2 SFP+ ports, 24 GbE ports. Got mine for a few hundred bucks on Ebay and it's a perfect fit for my system. I personally love the dell/force10 CLI.

Network switches are high among computer hardware which ages slowly but loses value quickly, so there are many deals to be had on hardware which is still modern but is being phased out due to EOL/support contracts ending.

My native language is C++