Build Redux PC aka Digital Storm

Elz

I want to start off by saying, Yes, I know build your own computer you will get a better and cheaper result. But in the time of COVID-19, tariffs and Scalpers it is not cheaper to do so (at least on some items).
So I had finally convinced my two older brothers and my younger brother to switch to PC off of consoles, but I had done it at this time where it is not so good.
I talked them into buying pre-built computers mostly cause we could get graphic cards at an affordable cost.
I had ordered a PC before from iBuyPower.com before and I had a really good experience besides the afterwards support (case damaged in shipping). So I had started there and spec out a few computer there for my brother first getting into PC's. I was very displeased with the computer I could build from them for $1400 cause it wasn't a really "great" computer. $1400 use to be a good build price.
So I had been seeing ad's for Build Redux and it seemed alright and when I spec'd the PC's you could get a lot more for your money compared to iBuyPower.com or what we could find at BestBuy.

So we decided to go with them, we ordered 3 PC's with RTX 2060's cause we didn't want to bust the bank. To be honest, I was happy with the systems for the money.
After 21 days there was no update on the systems when the website said shipping within 15-17 days.
So I decided to call and the rep told me that our systems were on hold cause Nvidia wasn't making any RTX 2060's and only focused on the 30 Series card, which makes sense kinda. But were I have a problem is that there was no contact, there is no where on the website to really track our orders. There is only Fulfillment Status and it is either Fulfilled or Unfulfilled.

After talking to the Rep they gave us a $50 discount on RTX 3060 ti's on all systems and said that our orders will be sent out in a few days since that was the only thing hold it up.
It is now at 30 days, still no contact, Order is STILL unfulfilled. My brothers are getting upset cause they all out $1658 (since they charged us $258 for the upgraded graphics card) and I just want to know if I am the only one out here or not.
If you've had a good experience or a bad one I would like to know. From the video I've seen, the systems look beautiful in the cable management and cleanness of the systems.
Sorry if this sounded like a rant, just got my brother breathing down my neck over something I recommended based on all these influencers recommendations.

payment.png

26 minutes ago, Elz said:

(since they charged us $258 for the upgraded graphics card)

What?! Say an RTX 3060 is worth $300 (if the current pricing situation didn't exist), how is a 3060ti worth $628? "Reputable" brands now charging 150% MSRP. With the fact they made you wait 3 weeks without even updating you and then made you wait another month with still no update, it's unacceptable.

Ever since I saw an i3-10100 GTX 1650 system for $900 on their website, which they now charge $1050 for, I knew to avoid them. You could've definitely got more for $1400 than a 2060 build. The whole $75 build fee is just a cover up. They're charging a lot more than that, just disguising it with incredibly high prices for parts.

At this point, I would suggest just cancelling the order and look for a different site to buy some prebuilts from. This is reoccuring issue with this company and it bugs me to see Linus continue to advertise them despite the countless experiences like yours.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

Hi Elz,

Really appreciate the feedback. We are focused our customer service to have more transparency with customers, and although we have improved, we recognize there still may be a long way to go. 

I'm really sorry you had to wait so long for a response, and the long delay on your PC. Do you have an order number I can look up? Or feel free to message me. I can try and help you get the PC moving as quickly as possible.

Hi MoBRMod,

Great to hear from you, didn't know if this would get the attention I was looking for or not.

To be COMPLETELY honest, you guys offer a great service, but you like in communication, and to be honest again, my brothers can wait for their PC's, we won't be cancelling the orders.

What I wanted from this post is something to be done, even if its a simple update on the orders you got in the Order Notes that is at the bottom of all order of were it is in the system.

Like, it is in Gathering Hardware, Or Waiting Hardware, Or Being Built, Or In Software.

But NO communication is 100% unacceptable. You take $1700 out of someones bank account and don't say anything for a month is not cool.

We had to call  to figure out our orders were on hold cause of the RTX 2060 shortage, and I feel like we would have never gotten any call.

Again, your service that you guys are offering in the time of limitations of silicon is amazing, and you guys just "Opened" but you guys are Digital Storm, and I hope you guys are not doing the same thing on that side of things. Cause those systems are way more than $1700 in general from what I've seen.

Thank you for your time, and I really appreciate the fact you guys are looking over the forums for stuff like this.

Many Thanks,

Elz

Agree 100% on the communication. We have increased our team and do see immediate improvements to our customer service in terms of giving updates. However, the more prompt updates like you mentioned, we will be working on an email system that should give updates to customers as the PC moves through the entire process. This kind of constructive feedback is always appreciated and it will help us improve moving forward.

As for you order, if you can let me know the order numbers, I can look into this for you.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, MoBRMod said:

Agree 100% on the communication. We have increased our team and do see immediate improvements to our customer service in terms of giving updates. However, the more prompt updates like you mentioned, we will be working on an email system that should give updates to customers as the PC moves through the entire process. This kind of constructive feedback is always appreciated and it will help us improve moving forward.

As for you order, if you can let me know the order numbers, I can look into this for you.

Hello MoBRMod,

I have placed in an order from build redux and currently on 8 weeks and still waiting. I have contacted customer support because my pc was ready to ship on may 13 and was supposed to be here on Thursday but that never happened and my package was still in California. I have contacted the support team and was told that fed ex is supposed to pick up the package may 21st but that didn’t happen and when I contacted the support team again they never contacted me back. 

My order number is #RD6138

On 3/23/2021 at 12:32 AM, Elz said:

I want to start off by saying, Yes, I know build your own computer you will get a better and cheaper result. But in the time of COVID-19, tariffs and Scalpers it is not cheaper to do so (at least on some items).
So I had finally convinced my two older brothers and my younger brother to switch to PC off of consoles, but I had done it at this time where it is not so good.
I talked them into buying pre-built computers mostly cause we could get graphic cards at an affordable cost.
I had ordered a PC before from iBuyPower.com before and I had a really good experience besides the afterwards support (case damaged in shipping). So I had started there and spec out a few computer there for my brother first getting into PC's. I was very displeased with the computer I could build from them for $1400 cause it wasn't a really "great" computer. $1400 use to be a good build price.
So I had been seeing ad's for Build Redux and it seemed alright and when I spec'd the PC's you could get a lot more for your money compared to iBuyPower.com or what we could find at BestBuy.

So we decided to go with them, we ordered 3 PC's with RTX 2060's cause we didn't want to bust the bank. To be honest, I was happy with the systems for the money.
After 21 days there was no update on the systems when the website said shipping within 15-17 days.
So I decided to call and the rep told me that our systems were on hold cause Nvidia wasn't making any RTX 2060's and only focused on the 30 Series card, which makes sense kinda. But were I have a problem is that there was no contact, there is no where on the website to really track our orders. There is only Fulfillment Status and it is either Fulfilled or Unfulfilled.

After talking to the Rep they gave us a $50 discount on RTX 3060 ti's on all systems and said that our orders will be sent out in a few days since that was the only thing hold it up.
It is now at 30 days, still no contact, Order is STILL unfulfilled. My brothers are getting upset cause they all out $1658 (since they charged us $258 for the upgraded graphics card) and I just want to know if I am the only one out here or not.
If you've had a good experience or a bad one I would like to know. From the video I've seen, the systems look beautiful in the cable management and cleanness of the systems.
Sorry if this sounded like a rant, just got my brother breathing down my neck over something I recommended based on all these influencers recommendations.

payment.png

Not being funny, mate, but I'd demand a refund immediately. 

Companies get one chance with me.

There's a mistake, miscommunication, heavy backlog...fine.

People are fallible, stuff happens.

However, if I'm given another date, if there's another incident, poor customer service, whatever...that's it for me.

I won't be strung along and made a fool of.

My advice, get your money back and go elsewhere.

You can always go back to them in a week or so if it is unavoidable, but in this instance they've offered an appalling service and so they should suffer the consequences.

Just my personal opinion. 

3 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Not being funny, mate, but I'd demand a refund immediately. 

Companies get one chance with me.

There's a mistake, miscommunication, heavy backlog...fine.

People are fallible, stuff happens.

However, if I'm given another date, if there's another incident, poor customer service, whatever...that's it for me.

I won't be strung along and made a fool of.

My advice, get your money back and go elsewhere.

You can always go back to them in a week or so if it is unavoidable, but in this instance they've offered an appalling service and so they should suffer the consequences.

Just my personal opinion. 

@Maury Sells WigsOrigin is still better than digital storm