Which of these power supplies is better?

Which of these power supplies is better? I mean the quality of the components from which this power supply is made. Power supplies from Seasonic are the best and there is nothing better than them. But is the MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold power supply inferior to the Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold? Tell me how they differ.

2 minutes ago, GamerGry123 said:

Which of these power supplies is better? I mean the quality of the components from which this power supply is made. Power supplies from Seasonic are the best and there is nothing better than them. But is the MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold power supply inferior to the Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold? Tell me how they differ.

the seasonic most likely has better quality due to msi being shady at times

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

Both great choices but there are a few smal differences:

Seasonic has 10 sata connectors on the cables vs 8 on the MSI.

MSI has 4 molex vs 3 on the seasonic.

Seasonic has a 0 rpm mode on the fan.

MSI has a bigger fan but is also 2 cm deeper.

I would say with the current shortage with the miners get what you can.

PS: Chance is quite large that MSI is using seasonic as their oem meaning Seasonic may me making both of these psu's lol

Given that there is no reviews of the msi psu better to get the seasonic one 

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

17 minutes ago, JasperNuijten said:

Both great choices but there are a few smal differences:

Seasonic has 10 sata connectors on the cables vs 8 on the MSI.

MSI has 4 molex vs 3 on the seasonic.

Seasonic has a 0 rpm mode on the fan.

MSI has a bigger fan but is also 2 cm deeper.

I would say with the current shortage with the miners get what you can.

PS: Chance is quite large that MSI is using seasonic as their oem meaning Seasonic may me making both of these psu's lol

I would choose MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold because I read the opinions that the coils squeak on the Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold, and not in one person.

2 minutes ago, GamerGry123 said:

I also wanted to choose Seasonic, but the coils are squeaking and not one. So I don't know. You can read reviews here: https://www.x-kom.pl/p/514790-zasilacz-do-komputera-seasonic-focus-gx-650w-80-plus-gold.html#

most of the reveiws say 5 stars

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

5 minutes ago, Dancam38 said:

Yes, what capacitors does the Seasonic power supply have because the MSI power supply has all Japanese capacitors.

MSI MPG is exactly the same as Enermax Revolution D.F., Bitfenix Whisper and Deepcool DQM and yes, they're better than SS Focus.

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

MSI MPG is exactly the same as Enermax Revolution D.F., Bitfenix Whisper and Deepcool DQM and yes, they're better than SS Focus.

Others say Seasonic is better than MSI and you say MSI is better. Where did you get the information that MSI is better?

I'm running my rig with a seasonic focus 850w. It's been nothing but trouble.

The first one I got lasted a week then went down on me. One night it was making a loud buzzing vibration noise. The next day I went to turn on my pc and it wouldn't switch on. It was totally dead. Luckily I had a spare psu and was able to confirm the seasonic had went down. I even pulled out the seasonic and used the tester on it. It wouldn't start. So I rmad it and sent it back to the shop I got it from (overclockers.uk)

They sent out another psu. The same model. This one wasnt brand new. It was clearly a used one. But I fitted it and ran it anyway. It ran just fine for 3 or 4 months then that loud buzzing vibration noise came back. And its def a vibration coming from the psu. If I put my hand against the side of the psu, the noise stops. As soon as you let it go it starts again. So I rmad this one as well. I sent it to seasonic and they tested it then shipped me a brand new one.

In all fairness, the new one I got has been running for about half a year without issues. It's still working fine the now. It was just a load of hastle to get a working psu.

3 hours ago, Dancam38 said:

Customer reviews mean nothing, their thought process is literally ‘if powerSupplyWorks = true; return 5stars’. 

11 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

Power supplies from Seasonic are the best and there is nothing better than them.

Who told you that ?

On 3/22/2021 at 10:47 AM, 721831101 said:

seldom heard of msi psu

These are the first power supplies from MSI, but I know this company makes the best mainboards and they have a BIOS where everything works. As for the first power supplies from MSI, i.e. a 10-year warranty, they are sure that their power supply is good.

16 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Who told you that ?

I hear that the Seasonic company itself says that it is not people who want transformers to be the best.

23 hours ago, gloop said:

Customer reviews mean nothing, their thought process is literally ‘if powerSupplyWorks = true; return 5stars’. 

This is how people usually write opinions, they act is quiet and give a good opinion.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, Digideath said:

I'm running my rig with a seasonic focus 850w. It's been nothing but trouble.

The first one I got lasted a week then went down on me. One night it was making a loud buzzing vibration noise. The next day I went to turn on my pc and it wouldn't switch on. It was totally dead. Luckily I had a spare psu and was able to confirm the seasonic had went down. I even pulled out the seasonic and used the tester on it. It wouldn't start. So I rmad it and sent it back to the shop I got it from (overclockers.uk)

They sent out another psu. The same model. This one wasnt brand new. It was clearly a used one. But I fitted it and ran it anyway. It ran just fine for 3 or 4 months then that loud buzzing vibration noise came back. And its def a vibration coming from the psu. If I put my hand against the side of the psu, the noise stops. As soon as you let it go it starts again. So I rmad this one as well. I sent it to seasonic and they tested it then shipped me a brand new one.

In all fairness, the new one I got has been running for about half a year without issues. It's still working fine the now. It was just a load of hastle to get a working psu.

I don't know if what you write is true. This humming could have been a fan. And when you had that the computer does not turn on, the power supplies from Seasonic are so that when you load the power supply to the maximum power, the protection will work and then the power supply does not work, many people wrote in the reviews. I know the company itself boasts that it does not make cheap power supplies because it makes good quality power supplies and that is why they are expensive. I do not know why people write that power supplies from Seasonic are the best and there are no better computers than others, it works well.

Tell me what are the differences between these power supplies? I want to choose a power supply, but I don't know which one. The power supply from Seasonic and MSI have the same 10-year warranty and the same Japanese capacitors, i.e. Japanese capacitors, are the best. And I don't know which of the two would be better. But there is also a power supply from be quiet, which has no Japanese capacitors, but has a Taiwanese teapo name and has a 5-year warranty, I do not know which one to choose, that the be quiet power supply has 50W more, nothing gives me more about the quality of the power supply from which components is.

I heard that there are two ARCW topologies in the power supplies, I don't know what it was called and the second one and I heard that there is a worse topology in the power supply from be quiet, is it so?

MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold

be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 700W 80 Plus Gold

Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold

The A-GF is the same platform as the Enermax Revolution DF, Bitfenix Whisper M, Deepcool DQ-M (V1) which is what the Corsair RMx was built for and then modified away from (CWT GPU). Of the quoted three units, it's the best one. Multi-rail too!

PP11 uses an Active Clamp Reset Forward primary switching topology (Thanks FSP) which paired with a lot higher transient video cards, has problems with transient response/OCP (tuning between capacitance and transient response is critical for this to work). Now, it isn't as bad as Focus Plus, but it's still confirmed to not work on =<500w with Vega. The 700w PP11--per Igors testing--can handle a 10900K + 3070 fine, but I'd personally look for something more modern...

Seasonic Focus GX is well...from Seasonic..It's the newer GX/GM platform so no OCP or ripple issues, but it's still far inferior to the higher tier CWT platforms. And for those who care, no 12v OCP...Green PCB and yellow-wrapped transformers ain't fooling me. 

Noise wise, they're pretty quiet. What's the pricing between the units?

Pure Power 11 uses an ACRF topology differently from the two PSUs, which are LLC topologies. The build quality also looks inferior. Therefore, it is not subject to consideration.

MSI A-GF uses the same CWT GPU-V platform as Enermax Revolution D.F, Bitfenix Whisper M. I think it's probably okay, but I couldn't find a review.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:47 AM, SavageNeo said:

Given that there is no reviews of the msi psu better to get the seasonic one 

It's on the LTT tierlist spreadsheet...

59 minutes ago, GamerGry123 said:

I don't know if what you write is true. This humming could have been a fan. And when you had that the computer does not turn on, the power supplies from Seasonic are so that when you load the power supply to the maximum power, the protection will work and then the power supply does not work, many people wrote in the reviews. I know the company itself boasts that it does not make cheap power supplies because it makes good quality power supplies and that is why they are expensive. I do not know why people write that power supplies from Seasonic are the best and there are no better computers than others, it works well.

They don't boast it because they outsource their poopy products like the S12iii to other companies haha....

1 hour ago, GamerGry123 said:

This is how people usually write opinions, they act is quiet and give a good opinion.

But just because an extremely bad power supply works, does that mean everyone should buy it? Power supplies are one of the few components where it should be left to actual professionals rather than customers (including myself) who have next-to-no idea about the quality of the components inside. 

* threads merged *

Please do not created multiple threads about the same thing.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, ForwardVoltage said:

The A-GF is the same platform as the Enermax Revolution DF, Bitfenix Whisper M, Deepcool DQ-M (V1) which is what the Corsair RMx was built for and then modified away from (CWT GPU). Of the quoted three units, it's the best one. Multi-rail too!

PP11 uses an Active Clamp Reset Forward primary switching topology (Thanks FSP) which paired with a lot higher transient video cards, has problems with transient response/OCP (tuning between capacitance and transient response is critical for this to work). Now, it isn't as bad as Focus Plus, but it's still confirmed to not work on =<500w with Vega. The 700w PP11--per Igors testing--can handle a 10900K + 3070 fine, but I'd personally look for something more modern...

Seasonic Focus GX is well...from Seasonic..It's the newer GX/GM platform so no OCP or ripple issues, but it's still far inferior to the higher tier CWT platforms. And for those who care, no 12v OCP...Green PCB and yellow-wrapped transformers ain't fooling me. 

Noise wise, they're pretty quiet. What's the pricing between the units?

You wrote: CWT platforms. And for those who care, no 12v OCP...Green PCB and yellow-wrapped transformers ain't fooling me. 

I don't know what's going on, do you explain it differently?

So it is better not to buy a power supply from be quiet?

Power supply prices:

MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold: 111$

be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 700W 80 Plus Gold: 115$

Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold: 128$