ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506QR idles at 60 C temperature

is it normal for a laptop to idle (CPU usage 0%) at 60 C ?

I just got the ASUS FA506QR, and it idles at around 60 C https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506qr-hn006t-2706719.html

I tried doing the updates in MyASUS, it did a bios update. I set the keyboard backlight to 33% luminosity.

I also tried switching from Performance mode to Turbo, but this will make the Fan work all the time and over time it starts going next to 50 C 

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case

• 1 month later...

- I confirm what the omuleanu wrote.
- I updated the bios to version 305, it didn't help. I see that the bios 406 version came out a couple of days ago, as well as some new drivers. I haven't tried it yet because I'm in the middle of a project, so I wouldn't risk having to reinstall the operating system.
- As a temporary solution, it helps me a lot to separate the back of the laptop from the table a few centimeters. Maintains a temperature of 5+ degrees down. However, this is only a temporary solution.
- Please let us know if the new version of the bios helps.

On 3/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, omuleanu said:

is it normal for a laptop to idle (CPU usage 0%) at 60 C ?

I just got the ASUS FA506QR, and it idles at around 60 C https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506qr-hn006t-2706719.html

I tried doing the updates in MyASUS, it did a bios update. I set the keyboard backlight to 33% luminosity.

I also tried switching from Performance mode to Turbo, but this will make the Fan work all the time and over time it starts going next to 50 C 

Asus TUF computers are notorious for terrible cooling. If you can't find another solution, there are a few vids on YT that show how you can cut your own vents into the chassis to improve temps (ASUS made the cooling to cool the whole system, but in result the CPU/GPU don't get nearly enough dedicated cooling). This obvious breaks warranty, so only do this if you really need to keep it (you can't return after you modify it).

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

THX JSPotter.
However, I wouldn't like to lose my 5 years warranty, so I guess we will have to remove the heatsinks before sending it, and hope that they will not notice they were there 🙂
Here are some useful links:

• 2 weeks later...

doing all the updates fixed the problem

MSI B660M Bazooka, i5-13600K, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 840EVO 500GB, 64GB (2*32) RAM Kingston Fury Beast, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2, Benq EX2780Q monitor, Cooler Master N200 Case