Can i use two different gpus on my rig ?

Gustavo Dutra
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

Yes, yes you can plug in multiple GPU into a system, as long as there's a driver that supports all of it (ie, 9000 series GPU won't work with 3000 series)

Spoiler

DSC_0396.thumb.JPG.8d780d0f1a23fc7ccdc0df6ba36aba78.JPG

But the 970 isn't profitable for mining so I figured you're gonna use that to drive your display and mine on the other card yes? Do remember that 970 even at idle draws around 30-50W, so you may wanna think it through

I've heard people with like a rtx 2060 super and a gtx 970 plugged on their motherboard and saying it works. Well does it ?

2 minutes ago, robotxbot said:

you can, just get a good psu

What do you mean by good ?

4 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

I've heard people with like a rtx 2060 super and a gtx 970 plugged on their motherboard and saying it works. Well does it ?

Why do you need 2 GPUs simultaneously?

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Gustavo Dutra said:

What do you mean by good ?

a psu with enough power (wattage) depending on what gpus your using reccomend 750+

5 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

that depends on what you want to do with it.

you can not use both cards to run a game, it will just run on 1 of the two. you can however us both of them for compute or F@H applications.

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Why do you need 2 GPUs simultaneously?

Mining and work/games.

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

that depends on what you want to do with it.

you can not use both cards to run a game, it will just run on 1 of the two. you can however us both of them for compute or F@H applications.

Thinking in using one for mining 24/7 and one for games.

1 minute ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Mining and work/games.

OK, then it's fine...

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

get a 800+ psu please

3 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

I would imagine you're using the 2060 super for gaming, unless your needs are not that demanding. The 970 wouldn't really have enough efficiency for good ROI on mining, unless electricity is free for you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes, yes you can plug in multiple GPU into a system, as long as there's a driver that supports all of it (ie, 9000 series GPU won't work with 3000 series)

Spoiler

DSC_0396.thumb.JPG.8d780d0f1a23fc7ccdc0df6ba36aba78.JPG

But the 970 isn't profitable for mining so I figured you're gonna use that to drive your display and mine on the other card yes? Do remember that 970 even at idle draws around 30-50W, so you may wanna think it through

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I would imagine you're using the 2060 super for gaming, unless your needs are not that demanding. The 970 wouldn't really have enough efficiency for good ROI on mining, unless electricity is free for you

Currently i've a 2070. Not great profits from mining. Looking for a 3080 and for more years a 3090 if BTC still looks good enough on its currency....

Just now, Gustavo Dutra said:

Currently i've a 2070. Not great profits for mining. Looking for a 3080 and for more years a 3090 if BTC still looks good enough on its currency....

One of my co-workers mines mines nicehash and buys bitcoin with it, apparently that's a better investment strategy 

But yeah I don't really recommend your current setup for 24/7 mining to be honest

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad