Is charging a phone using a charger from another brand safe ?

Coulous

Hello,

Basically, the title is my question. I'm looking forward to buy a S21+, but since they don't provide chargers anymore, I was wondering if I could still use my old SONY charger/cable to charge it, or if I had to buy a charger too.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Coulous said:

Hello,

Basically, the title is my question. I'm looking forward to buy a S21+, but since they don't provide chargers anymore, I was wondering if I could still use my old SONY charger/cable to charge it, or if I had to buy a charger too.

Thank you.

yes (unless that cable is a 2 dollar suspicious cable you bought on wish.com)

Yes its fine. Just make sure the cable is also a good quality one and you should have no issues 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Thank you for the replies !

6 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

yes (unless that cable is a 2 dollar suspicious cable you bought on like wish.com)

2 minutes ago, Analog said:

Yes its fine. Just make sure the cable is also a good quality one and you should have no issues 

No it's the charger that came with my previous phone.

So basically I would only have longer charging times but no other issues then ?

4 minutes ago, Coulous said:

No it's the charger that came with my previous phone.

So basically I would only have longer charging times but no other issues then ?

Yup, I wouldn't worry about it. I have been using a Samsung charger for my Xiaomi CC9 Pro and have had no issues at all. I have been using the Xiaomi charger on another phone, again with no problems. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Find an image of the official S21 charger and compare it's rating. I just looked at my old Samsung charger and it is rated at 9.0V 1.67A or 5.0V 2.0A make sure the ampage of the one you plan to use is equal or greater.

Personally i don't look everyone in the house has different brands and I use which ever charge is closest.

it showed be fine

I use different chargers all the time

with OEM cables

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 3/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, Coulous said:

Hello,

Thank you.

Yes its ok. Phones are smart today (maybe we should call them something like intelegentphones or something like that so people would know they are smart) and have around 3-5 chips to handle charging the right and best way for your battery (sort of) and most chargers have chips in them digsined to talk with your intelegentphone and know the amount of power to draw and when to stop. 
The charger and cable a company will provide will always work the best because they were made for each other but other chargers will do 95% of what the "original" charger would do. (There are some ecxeption like the 65W charging and 2-4% effiecency lost but its not a big deal. the 65W is actually a big deal but the other thing isnt)