Dual System/PSU Case Lists

Noticed there were none on the forum, so I decided to make a list.

Here's what I have so far.

Feel free to add cases in the responses and recommendations too.

Dual System AND Dual PSU Cases (Support Dual ATX PSU)

Thermaltake Core W200

Rajintek Enyo

Dual System AND Dual PSU Cases (1 ATX PSU, 1 SFX PSU)

FSP T-Wings CMT710

Corsair Obsidian 1000D

Cougar Gemini X

Dual System, 1 PSU Only Cases

Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL

Phanteks Enthoo 719 (Note: Supports Dual PSUs with only 1 system, 1 PSU with 2 systems)

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 (Same note as Enthoo 719)

Phanteks Evolv X

MetallicGear Neo Qube

Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL

Phanteks Eclipse P600S (ITX Upgrade Kit sold separately)

Phanteks Eclipse P500A (Note: Unlike P600S Newegg listing did not say ITX Upgrade Kit sold separately. However, if I had to guess it probably is because it is similar to P600S)

Dual System PSUs:

Phanteks PH-P1000S 80+ Platinum Fully Modular Dual System PSU

Phanteks PH-P1200S 80+ Platinum Fully Modular Dual System PSU (Same as PH-1000S but 1200W)

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

When you say "system"  any chance you mean  "computer case"? 

they are not really dual systems if they do not support a second PSU because PSUs only have 1 24 pin motherboard connecter at the consumer level.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

they are not really dual systems if they do not support a second PSU because PSUs only have 1 24 pin motherboard connecter at the consumer level.

Incorrect, there are PSUs that are designed to run 2 systems.  

Ex:  http://www.phanteks.com/Revolt-X.html

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Incorrect, there are PSUs that are designed to run 2 systems.  

Ex:  http://www.phanteks.com/Revolt-X.html

well looking at that one. its not set up to run two systems. sure it has the mobo and CPU connections but you better not have any more than 2 storage drives or GPUs bigger than 2x 8 pin

2 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well looking at that one. its not set up to run two systems. sure it has the mobo and CPU connections but you better not have any more than 2 storage drives or GPUs bigger than 2x 8 pin

There are 7 PCI-E connectors for GPUs on that PSU
And 4 SATA / Molex plugs, which generally have 2-3 drive connectors each.

Where's the issue?

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

When you say "system"  any chance you mean  "computer case"? 

Dual system means you can put 2 motherboards inside

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

The Phanteks Revolv X (1000 or 1200 W)

Many videos using it, I recommend Bitwit Kyles

It can support dual motherboards

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, tdkid said:

It is, thats the main selling point of it other than it being a good PSU

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, tkitch said:

There are 7 PCI-E connectors for GPUs on that PSU
And 4 SATA / Molex plugs, which generally have 2-3 drive connectors each.

Where's the issue?

i see 4 pcie as 2-3 of those have to be used for the CPUs. and if you have one GPU that has 3 8 pin connectors, you are probably going to want a GPU that is low end that only has 1 connector for the last pcie slot.

i didnt say it wasnt possible. i also forgot to add a little info in 2 storage per system like an SSD for the boot and one for the storage.

we taking this?

Corsair AXi Series, AX1600i psu has like 6x ports and each port and probably do 4 sata so 24 drives.

could you do 2 pcs with 4x 3090s in there with one psu...probably not.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

i see 4 pcie as 2-3 of those have to be used for the CPUs. and if you have one GPU that has 3 8 pin connectors, you are probably going to want a GPU that is low end that only has 1 connector for the last pcie slot.

i didnt say it wasnt possible. i also forgot to add a little info in 2 storage per system like an SSD for the boot and one for the storage.

First off, you're putting an outlandish pair of systems into this box.

The big one is 1200W of power.  If you're trying to run a pair of 3090's, and two CPU's that require dual 8 pin connectors, you're asking an awful lot of a single supply.

Also, even my i9 10850 runs fine on a single 8 pin PSU connector.  

But back to the PSU directly:

image.thumb.png.365ab7874dfde4a6e361e730f64aad09.png

In the Yellow Box, you have 7 PCI-E connectors.  2-3 of those are going to be for the Motherboards.  Leaving 4-5 for GPUs.  

Orange is 4 SATA/Molex plugs.  The green circles on the cable each shows one SATA connector.  So, 4x4 = 16 SATA Drives.  You're also ignoring that anyone building these will be booting off NVME, which has 0 plug requirements.

46 minutes ago, tkitch said:

The big one is 1200W of power.  If you're trying to run a pair of 3090's, and two CPU's that require dual 8 pin connectors, you're asking an awful lot of a single supply.

In the Yellow Box, you have 7 PCI-E connectors.  2-3 of those are going to be for the Motherboards.  Leaving 4-5 for GPUs.  

Orange is 4 SATA/Molex plugs.  The green circles on the cable each shows one SATA connector.  So, 4x4 = 16 SATA Drives.  You're also ignoring that anyone building these will be booting off NVME, which has 0 plug requirements.

yes, this can run dual systems just fine. maybe not like dual 3090s and threadrippers, but for sure 2 pretty great systems. i believe bitwit used a 1200w one with a 3900x and 2080 ti, liquid coolers, and a 9900k system. probably had some more wattage left too

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

well would you just look haha there even a single gpu for 2 systems. i no back in the day thermaltake did make a 5.25 bay psu but have not seen one since. a psu is 5.25 wide but its a tight fit i no i tryed putting one in my antec 1200 why i dont remember i probably wanted more fans on the bottom...instead of just the one i added...man that steal is thicc so thick i have to dermal when doing modds to it.

i mean there are long and flat psu you could stack on each other as well there are options out there.

heck you can probably fit 2 psu in  the bottom of an basement anyway and there are 3d printed mounts to mount it anywhere...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, tkitch said:

first off that is why most PSUs only have 1 mothermoard connection but have many PCI-e or VGA ones. the recommened power for my system is 650W i am running a 1000 so i have room to spare. but if i was to double system i would have to double the PSU meaing i would need a 1300W for my simple system.

this is EVGAs power meter or what you can use to find the recommended wattage you need for your system. EVGA - Power Meter

take a look at your own edtted pic. what do 3 of those 8 PCI-e connectors say in the top left of them? all that is needed for your i9 10850 is a 1 8pin connector, putting a second connector may actually fry your CPU. 

where do mostr cases place the SATA drives? if they are HDD then they are probably stacked one on top of the other either being horizontally or vertically oriented so that might work for power but a lot of cases are holding fewer and fewer HDDs in place of SSDs that are placed side by side. not to mention that for bigger cases you are going to need extenders for the cables. and i am not ignoring anything. what i have said is for the majority of people. the ones with single system cases.

• 2 weeks later...