Fan controls with Gigabyte BIOS

ActionJackso

Sam issue.

Gigabyte Gaming X mobo, Phanteks P500A DRGB case, original fans, pwm, F5 bios on mobo. Added same type fan (1x) at the back of case.

Working with SmartFan 5.

The case fans all run at around 1000 RPM, the additional one at the back 20% higher all the time, same specs. Tried changing temp origin: PCIE, Sys1, Sys2, ... only CPU changes the way they work, range being: 1000-1350 RPM (the one on the back goes to 1500RPM, somehow).

Custom fan curve doesn't work.

I've got it set 15% RPM @25C, and 35% @40C CPU temp, and it runs at 800RPM (that's 50%), if it goes below 700RPM in bios, the rpm meter in bios goes red. No idea why.

I do not have a callibrate button in bios.

My CPU fan (BeQuiet DarkRock Slim) works very well on stock.

(Other specs on my machine: i7-10700K stock , RTX 3080 Aorus Master OC, 32GB 3200 CL16 RAM, BeQuiet 1000W, 2x Samsung Evo 500MB SSD)

Hiya. Thanks for getting back.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X mobo 2020 with 07/20 F5 bios.

4 case fan sockets available on mobo: Rear fan = 1, the other 3 sockets are the front 3 fans. That way I can (or should be able to) control each of them separately.

Would a bios update help? Not a fan of risking a brick, but this might be worth it.

Also, would using a windows program influence my fps count in-game?

THANKS!

On 3/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, ActionJackso said:

Hiya. Thanks for getting back.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X mobo 2020 with 07/20 F5 bios.

4 case fan sockets available on mobo: Rear fan = 1, the other 3 sockets are the front 3 fans. That way I can (or should be able to) control each of them separately.

Would a bios update help? Not a fan of risking a brick, but this might be worth it.

Also, would using a windows program influence my fps count in-game?

THANKS!

Uhm, seems like Gigabyte still hasn't fix their fan controls... Using software doesn't have any effect on fps in games. Running AV scan might have effect, but with software it hardly uses any resources. For example Speedfan I use only uses 0.1% of CPU and 1.2Mb of RAM.

You could try this

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv