Skyrim tings

camw14

Hey guys, been playing Skyrim a lot recently and have been really enjoying it so I thought i would share.

So Skyrim came out over 3 years ago and I pre-ordered and played from the beginning but my first character was a mage and I got bored pretty quick, my second and third were thief and dual wield but my problem has always been that I want to do everything, sneak, single wield, dual wield, magic etc. I have come back to the game every once and a while but recently I have begun moddding as well as using a character who is focused. (required a lot of will power :P) I have mostly graphical mods installed (nothing too much I only have a Radeon 6850) as well as some detail mods like cloaks of Skyrim which surprisingly adds a lot. Probably my favourite is the lighting mod i have installed which is enhanced lighting and effects because it forces you to use torches which i think add to the game a lot but in vanilla are virtually useless. After 158 hours of gameplay i have not finished the main quest (up to the point where you go to blackreach) i have completed the thieves guild as well as mage`s guild and not even touched DLC which i own all except Dragonborn. Despite all this i am currently getting really into the story which i think is made possible in part by the focused character because combat is fun and interesting but not so hard that i get stuck on it and forget about the quest i am doing. No fast travel also adds a lot to the immersion of the game. If you walk around you end up starting a lot more side quests and so you still feel like you have things to do as you travel long distances to get to the main objectives. I seam to make loops of skyrim and just do whichever objectives are in my area at the time. I find this style of play is very rewarding and brings a lot of the little details that they put into the unique quests. I am determined to finish the main story as well as the DLCs on this character and i do believe i will succeed. 

I also find the folks over at /r/Skyrim are really great and i find myself sitting there on my tablet for an hour or so chuckling to myself as i can relate to most of what the people are talking about. I understand if this is not the game for you and i just wanted to share my thoughts and draw out other Skyrim enthusiasts so we can share our adventures but i strongly recomend modding (most have definitely done this already) because it adds little things to the game that make it amazing.

I also think one of the greatest and most appealing things about modding is that you can really make the best game you want because if you like a certain style you can go ahead and use it which means everyone can have an experience tailored to their interests which most games do not offer.

Probably one of my most favourite things is the mods that add detail to the weapons, favourite one right here:post-4286-0-30827000-1395720753_thumb.jp

Please feel free to post your Skyrim thoughts and adventures i would love to hear about them. :)

I can post mod list if you desire, its not too much at the moment as i would like to get through one playthrough before adding things like frostfall etc.

I preordered the game on Xbox 360 when it came out, and i have put over 250 hours into that game

i am in the process of install TES 3,4 and 5 on PC, so i can mod them and just enjoy them again

i did have Skyrim installed on pc but some mods broke my game and i couldnt figure out what was doing,so reinstalling  :D

I'd be insterested whats mods people are running

Looking for a job

I play as a predator, my jump is 4X normal, and i have Darth Maul as one of my followers. I'm running on an older system, so I can't have anything too fantastic, but i must say, the predator mod adds another few days to the gameplay and is really, really well done. The graphics are great and the story line is unique, and i highly suggest this mod to anyone who loves AVP. 

I was late to the party, I didn't start playing Skyrim until last year, I didn't really play anything before that and now here I am with a gaming computer just so I could keep playing Skyrim :P

I've downloaded over 8GBs worth of Skyrim mods, a lot of them textures, a couple of them not lore friendly at all but I don't use those too much.
I'm curious to try out a Game of Thrones mod that changes the cities to families and replaces the Skyrim civil war with the Game of Thrones plot battles.

My latest (just started 2 weeks ago) and probably most fun gameplay so far has been as Elsa from Frozen:

tumblr_n28iikponi1r2e6iro2_1280.png

I'm not very settled on the hair color or robes yet but I haven't had much time to tinker with that.

It's pretty hard since a lot of creatures have some frost resistance but I hate going out of character and using fire spells :)

Future gameplay ideas include Jon Snow from Game of Thrones and Merida from Brave.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Vanilla Skyrim wasn't the game for me. I couldn't finish it. But with mods, Skyrim suddenly became one of my favorite games of all time. I had like 40GB of mods at one time but it's hard to manage 300 mods even when using Mod Organizer (NMM is terrible in comparison).  I've since reduced that number by half.

What I like best about Skyrim on the PC is that I can play however I want. I don't care if how I play is lore-breaking. I can play both lore-friendly and non-lore-friendly styles. It's also great that there are dedicated modders who create new world spaces like Falskaar, Enderal, etc.

Many people say that Skyrim is overrated. I say it's still underrated even with all the fanfare and memes going about.

Here are some mods I can't play without:

ENB (Seasons of Skyrim)

SkyRe

Immersive Armors/Weapons

Enhanced Animations

Fantasy Soundtrack Project

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim

Cloaks of Skyrim + Winter is Coming

SkyUI (Cures consolitis)

Immersive HUD + Less Intrusive HUD II or Minimal HUD

A Quality World Map

Borderless Window or One Tweak (Fixes the double cursor when alt-tabbing)

What I like best about Skyrim on the PC is that I can play however I want. I don't care if how I play is lore-breaking. I can play both lore-friendly and non-lore-friendly styles. It's also great that there are dedicated modders who create new world spaces like Falskaar, Enderal, etc.

I haven't gotten around to trying things like falskaar but when im done this playthrough i will be sure to do so.

My mod list is as follows:

Unofficial patches

Splash of rain

Immersive patrols

wet and cold

footprints

skyui

iHUD

Cloaks of skyrim

Convenient horses

ELFX

WATER

They are mostly gameplay and graphics for now but as soon as i beat the vanilla stories i want to i am going to start adding a lot to the armor and other mods.

I'm curious to try out a Game of Thrones mod that changes the cities to families and replaces the Skyrim civil war with the Game of Thrones plot battles.

I would be very curious as well to try mods that bring in things from game of thrones as well as Lord of the Rings (incl. Hobbit) because i really think that these 3 things fit quite nicely together and i enjoy all three

I would be very curious as well to try mods that bring in things from game of thrones as well as Lord of the Rings (incl. Hobbit) because i really think that these 3 things fit quite nicely together and i enjoy all three

Well, there was a mod called Middle Earth Roleplaying Project that recreates LOTR. It's kind of dead now after receiving a cease and desist letter from Warner Brothers, which is a shame. 

SkyRe

UFO

Frostfall

RND

Gameplay set to legendary

Jessica Alba follower :wub:

Immersive armors and weapons

and a few other mods that add to the immersion

My 2nd favorite game ever (so far). I always play the assassin with a bow with two followers.

Just started a new game with the "Become Jarl of Ivarstead mod". It's awesome.

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."