Best gaming/school/work laptop

Hello, i need a new laptop, and i want to use around $2-3000k. i am looking for something that is small and light like a surface laptop, hopefully 15.6" display, and the ability to play games on high fps (Tarkov, modded MC, cyberpunk, etc...) i want it to have somewhat of the similar performance of my desktop which has a 2080 TI, i9-9900Ks, 32GB 3600Mhz and a good m.2.

Thanks!

Probably the Asus G15, if you don't mind using an external webcam (or just use your phone with ipwebcam)

51 minutes ago, dollar62 said:

Hello, i need a new laptop, and i want to use around $2-3000k. i am looking for something that is small and light like a surface laptop, hopefully 15.6" display, and the ability to play games on high fps (Tarkov, modded MC, cyberpunk, etc...) i want it to have somewhat of the similar performance of my desktop which has a 2080 TI, i9-9900Ks, 32GB 3600Mhz and a good m.2.

Thanks!

Thin and light and high power are mutually exclusive.  Thin-and-light means low heat dissipation and high power means high heat. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Thin and light and high power are mutually exclusive.  Thin-and-light means low heat dissipation and high power means high heat. 

Depends on what you mean by thin. The G15 is thin to the average consumer, but probably not to LG Gram owners

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Depends on what you mean by thin. The G15 is thin to the average consumer, but probably not to LG Gram owners

True.  He mentioned the microsoft surface though which is a thin and light.  There is an argument for a MacBook Pro or doctored MacBookAir m1 I suppose.  The problem with laptops like those though is they have no discrete GPU, which limits their game performance.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The thing about the g15 is that its kinda obove my budget, i'm from norway an g15 is like 31000k Norwegian kroner, about $3600.

Just now, dollar62 said:

The thing about the g15 is that its kinda obove my budget, i'm from norway an g15 is like 31000k Norwegian kroner, about $3600.

above of course

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

True.  He mentioned the microsoft surface though which is a thin and light.  There is an argument for a MacBook Pro or doctored MacBookAir m1 I suppose.  The problem with laptops like those though is they have no discrete GPU, which limits their game performance.

The M1 GPU is surprisingly badass, plays Witcher 3 1080p high. But you have to use crossover and it's a pain in the ass, also no drivers.

@dollar62 check for different variants of the G15, the lower end ones will be cheaper.

hmm so i've done some digging, and found Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 (G733QR-K4008T) and ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA502IV-AZ043T. both are nice in their own way. one is kinda lowkey and one is a bit more flashy, but has more juice. the Scar has a 3070, and a ryzen 9 5900HX and its 17.3",  but the G15 has a 2060 with a ryzen 9 4900HS but its 15.6" which is the perfect size. 

18 minutes ago, dollar62 said:

hmm so i've done some digging, and found Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 (G733QR-K4008T) and ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA502IV-AZ043T. both are nice in their own way. one is kinda lowkey and one is a bit more flashy, but has more juice. the Scar has a 3070, and a ryzen 9 5900HX and its 17.3",  but the G15 has a 2060 with a ryzen 9 4900HS but its 15.6" which is the perfect size. 

I recall the g15 as being very well liked in reviews 

Think i setteled for the G15 with 2060 and ryzen 9 4900HS