need help flashing a vbios to my gtx gpu

dreamcast4599

is there anyone here who has experience using nvflash to flash a bios gtx graphics cards? i have a gtx 690 that needs a bios flash since it refuses to post all all but if i use it as a secondary card windows can see it when my old 6800GT is plugged in as the boot card thanks for your time for context the 690 was given to me for free so i wanna get it up and running the person i got it from told me they tried to flash the bios and thats why it wont post so if i can write the new bios to the eeprom we should all be good

5 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Are you using the latest 5.670 nvflash?

@Grand Admiral Thrawn yes but i cant seem to figure out what commands to use in the windows cmd prompt to flash the bios its a duel gpu card so dual 680's on one pcb. what i need to do is tell nvflash to erase the eeprom for both gpu chips and then flash each individual gpu vbios since the card uses two different bioses

7 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Are you using the latest 5.670 nvflash?

@Grand Admiral Thrawn also since the card refuses to post im using my old 6800GT to boot into windows 10 so i can get a display and flash the 690 which is in my second pcie X16 slot so windows does see the card

5 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

I have resurrected a couple of nvidia cards before with a script that launched at the start of Windows but that was quite a hassle since you had to guess when to press buttons as there was no display during this operation. That will be our last resort that I have tested to be successful.

For now though, enter the following command while running nvflash

nvflash --list

This will give you a list of your GPUs along with index number. Take note of the number next to the output for 690.

Now enter this command where letter 'x' is the number of the GPU from the command output before.

nvflash --index=x --protectoff

Update me with the result.

@Grand Admiral Thrawn when i do the list command i get 3 results 0:PLX 1 GTX690 2 GTX690 so it does see both gpu's since the 690 is a dual gpu card but it also sees a PLX keep in mind i have the 690 in the second pcie X16 slot since the first slot has a GTX 6800GT in it just to boot into windows since the 690 wont post

also if it matters when i boot with ther 690 as my main gpu on my X470 CH7 hero mobo i get a cleanup of nvram error in the qcode display i await your reply also sorry for the late reply wasnt feeling well yesterday lastly the protectoff code works fine from what i can tell

4 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Did you run the

protectoff command? Do it for both detected 690s

nvflash --index=1 --protectoff
nvflash --index=2 --protectoff

yes i did but why is nvflash also detecting a PLX? also i can flash GPU1 aka index1 no problem gpu 2 aka index2 wont flash says the eeprom is erased or something also im not sure if i need to use a version of nvflash that was released when the 690 came out

1 hour ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

If you get any errors it would be helpful if you say what you got exactly instead of 'or something'.

i believe it said eeprom erased the gpu is not in my system atm i had to remove it so i could do some important work my uncle says he will take a look at it he used to fix computers for a living but any other info you have will be usefull as i can pass it along to him but keep in mind index 1 aka gpu can flash fine its the second 690 chip that doesnt seemt o wanna flash for the second gpu i get this error EEPROM erase failed nothing else is displayed except that error so it doesnt tell me anything else in regurds to that error