Samsung Odyssey G9/G7/G5/G3 (2021) : Quantum MiniLED + Flat Screen

hola12

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The one who wants to buy an Samsung Odyssey this year should wait ... as the title said : The screen will be Quantum MiniLED (better) and there will be also flat screens (G7/G5/G3)

I'm using the Odyssey G7 (2020) since 22 January 2021 and now they're talking about the Odyssey (2021) today... I'm fckng crying why they make something new just after I buy the SCREEN WHYY..

Odyssey 2021 : 

Then return it and use something else if you really want that one.

DUDE I had to replace the screen 2 times to get a screen without deadpixels , do you really think they would be happy if I say I want to return it. It's ok with this screen (except the scanlines issue) it's just make me sad to see that , It's the third time I have this kind of situation (I buy GTX , they release RTX, I buy tab s6 , they release s7 1 month after) osugfisefgisgfisef . That's why I made this topic so the people won't do the same mistake like me :c

didn't the G9 had a list of issues? wonder if it's fixed

last one i saw was flickering when g-sync is enabled.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

didn't the G9 had a list of issues? wonder if it's fixed

last one i saw was flickering when g-sync is enabled.

Yeah a lot... They had to recall in US the G9 in the past , they fixed the flickering Gsync with a firmware update, now the issue is Scanlines... If the scanlines is a problem with the screen and not with the firmware... hmmm that would be cool... . If the Odyssey 2021 will be the same price as the 2020 , I'm gonna cry , if it's higher I'm gonna be fine..

13 minutes ago, Pontiyeur said:

Yeah a lot...

Yeah it's a huge turn off

14 minutes ago, Pontiyeur said:

If the Odyssey 2021 will be the same price as the 2020 , I'm gonna cry

Technology progresses, you have to get used to that

I wish it's cheaper so at least I can consider getting one if there's no issues with it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yeah it's a huge turn off

Technology progresses, you have to get used to that

I wish it's cheaper so at least I can consider getting one if there's no issues with it

They could at least say that in CES Janurary 2021 and not today ! They are so mean D: I'm sure they did that for business...

Dont worry OP.

ive just ordered 32“ G7.

no way mini led versions gonna be cheaper, mini-led is a new technology and also very expensive, its like enhanced version of OLED that fix all the cons it has.

I expect 27“ G7 to start like from 1000 if not more.

i aint gonna return mine (if not dead pixels) and gonna use it for a full fledge 4 years at least if i like in the first place of coure.

so there is no need to be sorry especially if u satisfied with the display.

Yeah! I cannot wait to buy the G7 finally flat, sorry guys but I hate curved monitors. This will be for me the ultimate gaming monitor till the MicroLEDs monitors will come out in 2-3 years

Whole lineup gonna be updated with miniled I believe 

Wow... the contrast should be insane 🤩 Do u have any idea about when they will be available?

• 5 weeks later...

So... flat Samsung Odyssey G7 with Quantum MiniLED, when?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, juansero29 said:

So... flat Samsung Odyssey G7 with Quantum MiniLED, when?

Exactly... when? Maybe June?

Maybe, and idk if G7 will also get MiniLED , they only talked about G9

If you are gaming today, i 100% recommend getting the Odyssey. 1440p 240 Hz G-SYNC HDR looks amazing. I think it's better than OLED because G-SYNC doesn't work over HDMI anyways. I was anti-curve before i had one, but for gaming the curve is not bad.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:58 PM, inw90 said:

If you are gaming today, i 100% recommend getting the Odyssey. 1440p 240 Hz G-SYNC HDR looks amazing. I think it's better than OLED because G-SYNC doesn't work over HDMI anyways. I was anti-curve before i had one, but for gaming the curve is not bad.

Go on these links in Odyssey G7 32", and you will see scanlines :

a) https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/attachments/whatsapp-image-2020-10-15-at-22-43-50-1-jpg.567680/

b) https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/029/605/180/2c8ef349a4e074a44e2b472a811a403d_original.gif?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1593159119&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=0d153a1f5b7af1a570f2128d92a0a508

c) http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

d) https://rog.asus.com/wallpapers

On 3/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, SBx27 said:

no way mini led versions gonna be cheaper, mini-led is a new technology and also very expensive, its like enhanced version of OLED that fix all the cons it has.

That's MicroLED, Samsung just announced a new TV with it for the bargain price of $156,000, so it probably won't be coming to monitor panels for anything close to affordable in god knows how long. Mini LED is far less impressive but should still be an improvement in terms of dimming zones, as it's the same LED tech just much smaller modules, so more control over dimming. Will still be more expensive than the old one for sure sadly, idk why they can't just release the old model but flat and with all the issues sorted out.

• 4 weeks later...

I had and returned the curved 32" G7 back in november/december last year. I had severe G-Sync flickering issues and couldn't get used to the ridiculous curve. Backlight bleed was also a big problem because of the curved monitor.

If they really release a flat model that adresses these issues, i'll probably try it out again. In terms of features and raw performance it was and still is an extremely good option.

If it also has a microLED local dimming backlight, that would just be the cherry on top and really leave the competition from Asus, Gigabyte, etc. in the 1440p 240Hz marked in the dust. Hopefully Samsung doesn't think they can charge an extra $2000 just because it has miniLED tech like Asus does and they will keep the new G7 in the same price range. Seeing as their miniLED TVs didn't rise in terms of price compared to last year's non-miniLED TV's.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...