Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Samsung Odyssey G9/G7/G5/G3 (2021) : Quantum MiniLED + Flat Screen

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The one who wants to buy an Samsung Odyssey this year should wait ... as the title said : The screen will be Quantum MiniLED (better) and there will be also flat screens (G7/G5/G3)

I'm using the Odyssey G7 (2020) since 22 January 2021 and now they're talking about the Odyssey (2021) today... I'm fckng crying why they make something new just after I buy the SCREEN WHYY..

Odyssey 2021 : 

Then return it and use something else if you really want that one.

DUDE I had to replace the screen 2 times to get a screen without deadpixels , do you really think they would be happy if I say I want to return it. It's ok with this screen (except the scanlines issue) it's just make me sad to see that , It's the third time I have this kind of situation (I buy GTX , they release RTX, I buy tab s6 , they release s7 1 month after) osugfisefgisgfisef . That's why I made this topic so the people won't do the same mistake like me :c

didn't the G9 had a list of issues? wonder if it's fixed

last one i saw was flickering when g-sync is enabled.

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

didn't the G9 had a list of issues? wonder if it's fixed

last one i saw was flickering when g-sync is enabled.

Yeah a lot... They had to recall in US the G9 in the past , they fixed the flickering Gsync with a firmware update, now the issue is Scanlines... If the scanlines is a problem with the screen and not with the firmware... hmmm that would be cool... . If the Odyssey 2021 will be the same price as the 2020 , I'm gonna cry , if it's higher I'm gonna be fine..

13 minutes ago, Pontiyeur said:

Yeah a lot...

Yeah it's a huge turn off

14 minutes ago, Pontiyeur said:

If the Odyssey 2021 will be the same price as the 2020 , I'm gonna cry

Technology progresses, you have to get used to that

I wish it's cheaper so at least I can consider getting one if there's no issues with it

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yeah it's a huge turn off

Technology progresses, you have to get used to that

I wish it's cheaper so at least I can consider getting one if there's no issues with it

They could at least say that in CES Janurary 2021 and not today ! They are so mean D: I'm sure they did that for business...

Dont worry OP.

ive just ordered 32“ G7.

no way mini led versions gonna be cheaper, mini-led is a new technology and also very expensive, its like enhanced version of OLED that fix all the cons it has.

I expect 27“ G7 to start like from 1000 if not more.

i aint gonna return mine (if not dead pixels) and gonna use it for a full fledge 4 years at least if i like in the first place of coure.

so there is no need to be sorry especially if u satisfied with the display.

Yeah! I cannot wait to buy the G7 finally flat, sorry guys but I hate curved monitors. This will be for me the ultimate gaming monitor till the MicroLEDs monitors will come out in 2-3 years

Whole lineup gonna be updated with miniled I believe 

Wow... the contrast should be insane 🤩 Do u have any idea about when they will be available?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, juansero29 said:

So... flat Samsung Odyssey G7 with Quantum MiniLED, when?

Exactly... when? Maybe June?

Maybe, and idk if G7 will also get MiniLED , they only talked about G9

If you are gaming today, i 100% recommend getting the Odyssey. 1440p 240 Hz G-SYNC HDR looks amazing. I think it's better than OLED because G-SYNC doesn't work over HDMI anyways. I was anti-curve before i had one, but for gaming the curve is not bad.