HP Omen (2021) - Ryzen 5 5600H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, and RTX 3060 6GB

Hi, there!

I'm just wondering if the HP Omen (2021) is worth it. The specs are:

Ryzen 5 5600H
16GB DDR4 RAM

512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
RTX 3060 6GB

15'' 144hz display

I'm also wondering whether HP has international warranty, since I'm planning to ship the laptop to my US shipping address, then ship it over to the Philippines, where I live. Also, does HP cover things like damages while shipping?

15 minutes ago, Skynautics said:

I'm also wondering whether HP has international warranty, since I'm planning to ship the laptop to my US shipping address, then ship it over to the Philippines, where I live. Also, does HP cover things like damages while shipping?

HP won't cover the damage during shipping from the US to the Philippines and HP will only offer warranty if the product is marketed or supported in the respective country. So if the HP Omen model is not marketed or available in the Philippines chances are HP won't cover any warranty for it and you may be required to ship it back to the US for repairs or refunds.

What is covered by HP Global Warranty

HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

26 minutes ago, Skynautics said:

Hi, there!

I'm just wondering if the HP Omen (2021) is worth it. The specs are:

Ryzen 5 5600H
16GB DDR4 RAM

512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
RTX 3060 6GB

15'' 144hz display

What is the price?

also like the poster above said, the warranty won’t cover possible damages in shipping.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

11 minutes ago, Downkey said:

What is the price?

also like the poster above said, the warranty won’t cover possible damages in shipping.

$1,169 for the model above, and I just found a variant with a 3070 for $1,309.

25 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

HP won't cover the damage during shipping from the US to the Philippines and HP will only offer warranty if the product is marketed or supported in the respective country. So if the HP Omen model is not marketed or available in the Philippines chances are HP won't cover any warranty for it and you may be required to ship it back to the US for repairs or refunds.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

Hmm, ok. So they'll cover it while shipping it from HP to my US shipping address?

4 minutes ago, Skynautics said:

Hmm, ok. So they'll cover it while shipping it from HP to my US shipping address?

Yes

12 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Yes

Oh ok. I think I'll go for the 3060 version to save $200.

1 hour ago, Skynautics said:

RTX 3060 6GB

no info on TGP used

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

41 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

no info on TGP used

What exactly is a TGP and how will that affect the laptop?

2 hours ago, Skynautics said:

What exactly is a TGP and how will that affect the laptop?

GPU performance

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128