Bios severely lagging then looping back to the beginning.

dga145

Hello,

My PC was fine until this morning. I built it in December and have had no problems.

It reaches the motherboard splash page "ASUS - In search of Incredible" and asks me to enter BIOS.

Once I press F2 or DEL, it takes an extremely long time to load BIOS (5-10 minutes)

Once it enters BIOS, the information then takes another 5-10 minutes to fill out. While lagging severely. (The clock jumps minutes. i.e 11:27 --> 11:32)

After pressing f5 you need to wait another 5-10 for the confirmation to come up.  After confirming, it loops back to the motherboard splash page.

UPDATE: Waited 10 minutes and windows loaded and seems to be working fine. It's just the loading from the motherboard splash page to windows login now takes 10 minutes.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: There was a power outage this morning. I did not have a surge protector 😐

PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Radeon 5700 XT

PSU 750 watt

Motherboard Asus Prime 570p

14 minutes ago, dga145 said:

Hello,

My PC was fine until this morning. I built it in December and have had no problems.

It reaches the motherboard splash page "ASUS - In search of Incredible" and asks me to enter BIOS.

Once I press F2 or DEL, it takes an extremely long time to load BIOS (5-10 minutes)

Once it enters BIOS, the information then takes another 5-10 minutes to fill out. While lagging severely. (The clock jumps minutes. i.e 11:27 --> 11:32)

After pressing f5 you need to wait another 5-10 for the confirmation to come up.  After confirming, it loops back to the motherboard splash page.

UPDATE: Waited 10 minutes and windows loaded and seems to be working fine. It's just the loading from the motherboard splash page to windows login now takes 10 minutes.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: There was a power outage this morning. I did not have a surge protector 😐

PC:

PSU 750 watt

Never had this particular issue before. Try shutting down the system, remove the power cord from the psu then hit the case power button a couple of times. Then remove the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes before putting it back in. Then plug the power cord back in and turn the system on. Any other devices affected and showing weird behavior? Do you have a storage device connected while booting? If so, remove it. Also while having the pc unplugged, flip the breaker to discharge the entire circuit, make sure other devices are turned off before doing so.

Thank you for the response! I've heard the same recommendation from my friend. I'll do that as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

6 hours ago, dga145 said:

Hello,

PC:

PSU 750 watt

Signs of a dying hard drive/SSD. Remove the HDD and see if the load time improved to enter BIOS. Your BIOS load time will stall out until it gets a read on the HDD.