Just installed my first AIO - Two questions?

venomx

Installed my first ever AIO ! NZXT Kraken.

Went fairly smoothly, however I couldn't mount it up the top so had to put it at the front. The spec on my case says it can house a 240mm AIO but obviously not. It also said " max component height on motherboard 40 mm "

Upon thinking about it, that's probably a good thing as if I mounted it up the top, i'd be blowing hot air from the case into the radiator. So putting it at the front in a pull configuration, pulls cold air from outside - into the case.

The only thing is, I bent a few of the radiator lines ( the horizontal bendy things )
Should I try and pry them straight gently ? Temps are spot on however..
Also it makes a bit of a noise which I assume is the pump, is that normal ?

It could be a rattling cable so i'll have to check

Does the pipe go to the top of the radiator or the bottom?  (GamersNexus did a video about which way up to put it but the TLDR is the pipe should go at the bottom otherwise it can get air trapped at the top of the pipe leading to noise)

You don't need to bend the radiator fins back. That's fine as it is.

It happens to all of us that these get bent sometimes.

It's normal for the pump to make some noise, because of the air that gets trapped inside it and also simlpy because of how these work.

If you want to minimize that, you should make sure that the tubes are at the bottom when mounting the radiator at the front. This is of course tricky, because the graphics card often gets in the way of things. Optimally you'd mount the radiator in the top, but as you said, that's not possible in your case.

27 minutes ago, Egbert said:

Does the pipe go to the top of the radiator or the bottom?  (GamersNexus did a video about which way up to put it but the TLDR is the pipe should go at the bottom otherwise it can get air trapped at the top of the pipe leading to noise)

Pipe is at the top

thats the sound, the one you hear in the back like a high pitched one

20210226-190349.jpg

Done some reading on Reddit and lots of others with the same problem. Aparrently turning down the pump helps