Is the NZXT H1 too good to be true?

Skengo
Go to solution Solved by Downkey,
Just now, Skengo said:

Got it, thanks for laying it out. I'll probably just take my money somewhere else. 

it is just a bad time to be buying PCS in general as stock is very bad atm. I'd wait a couple months and then look for a PC

Hey, first time poster here, also pretty new to computer stuff. I've been looking at upgrading from my very underperforming laptop for a while now, and have some money saved up. I don't trust myself to build computers, and my brother recommended me to NZXT. After I did some looking around, I found the H1 mini pc, and it looks absolutely incredible for the price. But it feels too good for the price of $2000. So what I'm getting at is, is this just like something they list it for while they don't have it up for sale, or is this the actual price? And if so, is it worth it to wait until they're selling it again?

4 minutes ago, Skengo said:

Hey, first time poster here, also pretty new to computer stuff. I've been looking at upgrading from my very underperforming laptop for a while now, and have some money saved up. I don't trust myself to build computers, and my brother recommended me to NZXT. After I did some looking around, I found the H1 mini pc, and it looks absolutely incredible for the price. But it feels too good for the price of $2000. So what I'm getting at is, is this just like something they list it for while they don't have it up for sale, or is this the actual price? And if so, is it worth it to wait until they're selling it again?

It seems like it. Not very good value for the money and the case is a literal fire hazard. Not to mention the case is pretty bad anyway.

NZXT prebuilts are just very... meh in general.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would personally stay away from the H1 case in general, even after the recall unless third party testing can safely determine the replacement PCIe riser cable will be completely fixed. Their H510 case is a complete no no if you want airflow and cool components. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, Skengo said:

But it feels too good for the price of $2000. So what I'm getting at is, is this just like something they list it for while they don't have it up for sale, or is this the actual price? And if so, is it worth it to wait until they're selling it again?

Don't expect it to be back in stock soon. The NZXT H1 case is currently under a recall in USA and Canada due to a fire hazard.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2021/nzxt-recalls-h1-computer-cases-due-to-fire-hazard

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

the case is a literal fire hazard

Was*

it’s been fixed I believe.

it depends on which H1 BLD model. Some are fine, some are not great value.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Too put it in more detail, you are paying 2 grand for a system that would cost $1300 to put together for the same performance.
Ill review each part -
GPU - 3070. good choice
CPU - 9900K with a z390 wifi board. Not too bad but 9900ks shouldnt really be bought in 2021 unless they are at a good price. Paying 2 grand on a system too get a 2.5 year old CPU is a meh idea.
CPU cooler - Doesnt say much, but it just seems like a mediocre AIO.
RAM -2x8 3000mhz. Slow RAM. 2k on a system and you get 3000mhz ram.
PSU - Isn't mentioned. Major red flag, it could be some mediocre SFF PSU.
Case - H1. The H1 is a case with minimal airflow and in some cases is a fire hazard

not worth 2 grand

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

Too put it in more detail, you are paying 2 grand for a system that would cost $1300 to put together for the same performance.
Ill review each part -
GPU - 3070. good choice
CPU - 9900K with a z390 wifi board. Not too bad but 9900ks shouldnt really be bought in 2021 unless they are at a good price. Paying 2 grand on a system too get a 2.5 year old CPU is a meh idea.
CPU cooler - Doesnt say much, but it just seems like a mediocre AIO.
RAM -2x8 3000mhz. Slow RAM. 2k on a system and you get 3000mhz ram.
Case - H1. The H1 is a case with minimal airflow and in some cases is a fire hazard

not worth 2 grand

Got it, thanks for laying it out. I'll probably just take my money somewhere else. 

Isn't mentioned. Major red flag, it could be some mediocre SFF PSU

It’s the one that comes with the h1 when you buy it.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Skengo said:

it is just a bad time to be buying PCS in general as stock is very bad atm. I'd wait a couple months and then look for a PC

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It’s the one that comes with the h1 when you buy it.

how good is the PSU? I know NZXT makes some decent quality units but idk about ones that come with the case

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

how good is the PSU? I know NZXT makes some decent quality units but idk about ones that come with the case

It's an NZXT S650 which is a rebranded Seasonic Focus SFX-L 650W. It's an okay PSU, I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Or at least that was the PSU that came with the cases, I'm not sure if that changed with the prebuilt that now has the RTX 3070 graphics card in it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I’m not sure. The thing about the h1 is how good it is to build in. Is simple. Put in Mobo with all related parts, put in gpu , on. No special cable management, as it's already done.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the H1 and i like it, for a SFF case it is easy to build in.

GPU temps are not the greatest

I have a 3070 FE in mine and my temps dont go over 80c

the PSU is a rebranded Seasonic SFX which is a good PSU

The actual NZXT BLD are overpriced though 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro