Graphics in stock pricing.

Chrisb11
Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,
44 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Starting price of RTX 2060 is 350USD and 500USD for RTX 2070S. So those prices are actually quite decent for this time of year i'd say..

Those are not 'decent prices'. The RTX 2060 is over 2 years old, and it launched for £300. This is almost double the cost of a brand new RTX 2060 at launch. £500 is more than the cost of a brand new RTX 3070

By that logic, getting a 2005 car for twice its price is decent because it launched at half that 16 years ago?

These extremely inflated prices (note, not 'decent') are the result of the absurd GPU shortage caused by Bitcoin miners and NVidia capitalizing on their mutual greed, and are not likely to return to normal anytime soon.

The only way to get anything remotely resembling a 'Decent' price on a GPU is to buy used, which comes with its own risks but what can you do. 

I completely understand supply and demand but can some correct me if I am wrong, the prices listed below are significantly above "typical" pricing?

£500 - GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2060 OC REV2 6144MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

£750 - GIGABYTE geforce rtx 2070 super windforce oc 3x 8g 8192mb gddr6 pci-express graphics card

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Chrisb11 said:

I completely understand supply and demand but can some correct me if I am wrong, the prices listed below are significantly above "typical" pricing?

£500 - GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2060 OC REV2 6144MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

£750 - GIGABYTE geforce rtx 2070 super windforce oc 3x 8g 8192mb gddr6 pci-express graphics card

Thanks

Starting price of RTX 2060 is 350USD and 500USD for RTX 2070S. So those prices are actually quite decent for this time of year i'd say..

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

44 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Those are not 'decent prices'. The RTX 2060 is over 2 years old, and it launched for £300. This is almost double the cost of a brand new RTX 2060 at launch. £500 is more than the cost of a brand new RTX 3070

By that logic, getting a 2005 car for twice its price is decent because it launched at half that 16 years ago?

These extremely inflated prices (note, not 'decent') are the result of the absurd GPU shortage caused by Bitcoin miners and NVidia capitalizing on their mutual greed, and are not likely to return to normal anytime soon.

The only way to get anything remotely resembling a 'Decent' price on a GPU is to buy used, which comes with its own risks but what can you do. 

Do not buy these, they're several times over what those cards are worth. Your only bet right now is buying used and local - not eBay, I mean craigslist, facebook marketplace etc, although even those are being affected.

Thanks. I assumed they were overpriced but I just couldn’t get my head around the level, It just seemed absurd!*

*again fully understand supply and demand. 

7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Those are not 'decent prices'. The RTX 2060 is over 2 years old, and it launched for £300. This is almost double the cost of a brand new RTX 2060 at launch. £500 is more than the cost of a brand new RTX 3070

Oh, i thought that those were at least decent for this time of year.. you proved me wrong though 

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

4 minutes ago, Chrisb11 said:

Thanks. I assumed they were overpriced but I just couldn’t get my head around the level, It just seemed absurd!*

*again fully understand supply and demand. 

Yeah, it's a mess. I've been able to find reasonable deals on craigslist/facebook though. Nothing amazing, but stuff like a 1070 for $200, 1080 for $300, good enough.