Asus prime Deluxe 2, unable to install wi-fi drivers

Nocturn

I already reinstalled windows, and tried normal troubleshooting steps.

My wifi driver broke for no reason, so I tried to reinstall it, downloading a new one from ASUS website. However, now I can't even launch the installer, I keep getting (Does not support this Operating Sytem: WNT_10.0P_64) error, even though its the correct version. The device shows up in device manager as a generic intel wifi adapter with error code 10. 

Trying to manually instal the intel 9260 driver causes blue screen of death with BUGCODE NDIS driver error

What might cause this and how do I fix it?

1 hour ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

What might cause

Piss poor coding on Microsoft's or ASUS. 

1 hour ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

how do I fix it?

If the latest driver fails, try to see if you can find an older one. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Piss poor coding on Microsoft's or ASUS. 

If the latest driver fails, try to see if you can find an older one. 

I can’t install any, I get the incompatible windows version error trough asus driver installer, and intel driver does nothing

38 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

I can’t install any, I get the incompatible windows version error trough asus driver installer, and intel driver does nothing

How old is the card? If the hardware is old, it might be a compatibility issue with the Version of Windows 10 your running. What model ASUS card do you have? Seen it was in the title. Nice Motherboard by the way. 

The card seems to be from about 2017, so its recent. Windows 10 being Windows 10 could be the issue. Do you know what version of Windows 10 your on? As in was revision number. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

How old is the card? If the hardware is old, it might be a compatibility issue with the Version of Windows 10 your running. What model ASUS card do you have? Seen it was in the title. Nice Motherboard by the way. 

The card seems to be from about 2017, so its recent. Windows 10 being Windows 10 could be the issue. Do you know what version of Windows 10 your on? As in was revision number. 

I loaded the most recent version of windows, the motherboards is from September 2020, so pretty new

3 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

I loaded the most recent version of windows, the motherboards is from September 2020, so pretty new

Wi-fi was working fine, it just randomly disconnected, and when I tried to reset network settings in windows it completely broke

7 hours ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

From a little Googling it sounds like your not the only one. Seems a Windows update last year started causing issues. The newest driver seems to be affected as well.